Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
AlexRU73 (39)

Next birthdays
05/19 cbfull (52)
05/19 Steve Ward (39)
05/20 Vaxian (17)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Electromagnetic Projectile Accelerators
Next topic »   

A working model of a electromagnetic mass accelerator of high power

Move Thread LAN_403
DerAlbi
Tue Dec 11 2018, 04:18PM
DerAlbi Registered Member #2906 Joined: Sun Jun 06 2010, 02:20AM
Well, trusting you is no easy thing.
Clay viscosity changes with temperature, did you do your test under the same conditions?
I mean the clay might be very fluid at 90°C while at 62°C you have a different penetration behavior. It is really supposed to be used at 40°C. Of course a 1600kg ball of such clay behaves different than a 280kg ball.. maybe you lost 10% during the 20 experiments
Wait.. what..
_Eugen_
Tue Dec 11 2018, 05:00PM
_Eugen_ Registered Member #57984 Joined: Thu Nov 19 2015, 09:44AM
Well, the thread becomes really amusing (V2006, thank you very much).
Launch a projectile vertically up from this powerful coil is not yet possible.
Mmmmm.. why?
I could also launch a shell at a 45 degree angle to the horizon. And measure the distance of his flight. But nowhere to do it.
I have no money for refueling cars for long journeys.

Shot at 45 degrees will give a range of v*v/2g = 125 meters at 50 m/s initial velocity - not a long journey for any car..

May be you mean that you are restricted to indoor experiments only? Then you could go to the nearest park or wasteland. Oh I forgot you cannon is 50 kg weight. So you need a little cart or trolley to deliver you device to the place of action.. Another thing you should use must be a strong helmet - one from knight armour would work best. It will protect your head from unintended crushing by 370...480 g shell if you try to shot upwards as I recommended you previously.
And one thing else is mandatory - a jacket (yellow one would be the best). It is necessary because if someone see you in a park with an incredible machine in trolley and helmet - you can always say that you are something like gardener and ask not to distract you from your work.

In this, running vertically up complicates the situation. For example, it was noted that with a fixed accelerator, its performance is reduced to 10% of kinetic energy (depending on the degree of fixation). Surprisingly, the projectile energy is much higher if the accelerator has the ability to roll back!

An interesting effect. I really suppose you could win Nobel prize if you discover this mystery. I'm not sure about how much it is now, but you definitely will be able to buy a lot of fuel for your car.
DerAlbi
Tue Dec 11 2018, 05:57PM
Eugen, This is another confirmation that your calculations are not true. You cant do it.
1.6kJ flies for many hundred meters.You can see it from the depth of penetration. The whole car jumps 5cm back at launch. Suspension allows for more efficient launch.
20 Experiments can move the car, even when tank empty.
V2006
Tue Dec 11 2018, 07:51PM
V2006 Registered Member #61550 Joined: Thu Apr 06 2017, 03:23PM
DerAlbi: The conditions are completely identical.
The temperature is the same.
A series of shots without stop (with rollback).
And a series of shots with emphasis.
It was also hard for me to understand. But I already understood what was the matter.
V2006
Tue Dec 11 2018, 07:52PM
_Eugen_ :
You are the same Mathematician as DrAlbi (DerAlbi "My gun at 40m/s and 20J has the same kickback as a 9mm gun when shooting because Impulse = ProjMass*Velocity is nearly equal").
S = V2 x SIN 2а/g
You halve the distance a body flies at an angle to the horizon.
Unless of course we live with you in the same reality and the same universe.
A body thrown at an angle to the horizon with an initial speed of 50 meters per second will fly on this miserable planet about 250 meters (Shot at 45 degrees). And not 125 meters as you wrote.
In the denominator of your formula, the excess number 2
S = V x V / g ! (Shot at 45 degrees).
DerAlbi
Tue Dec 11 2018, 08:43PM
I laughed so hard, i was in tears cheesey Basically Eugen compensated already for your overestimation.
V2006, make videos of 10m shots with a fixed gun and with a movable gun. I can analyze the audio. It is the most reliable measurement we have on this miserable planet.
V2006
Tue Dec 11 2018, 08:49PM
DerAlbi : To return to the experiments I need at least 100 Euro. A better 200
_Eugen_
Tue Dec 11 2018, 09:19PM
_Eugen_ Registered Member #57984 Joined: Thu Nov 19 2015, 09:44AM
To DerAlbi:
Basically Eugen compensated already for your overestimation.
Damn it... I tried to outwit V2006, but you revealed my tricky plan....I'm completely defeated and don't know what to do:-(( . Now, he will really conquer the world I think.

To V2006:
To return to the experiments I need at least 100 Euro. A better 200
Oh you are too modest. Why only 200?
But from another point of view I understand now why you chose such a big gun to develop: more size - more investment and donations, isn't it?
DerAlbi
Tue Dec 11 2018, 11:01PM
Dear V2006, i only earn 1600€.. i could give you maybe between 62€ and 90€, but that would be 10% of my income. Money just leaves my pockets with 40m/s. Sometimes, when i see my money stacks shrinking, it kicks be back about 5cm because it hurts so much.
In other months, I try throwing money in the direction of Russia at 45°, but my penetration is not deep enough, a factor of 2 too short in fact. Green rain on this miserable planet. Belarus, mainly.
V2006
Wed Dec 12 2018, 07:27AM
_Eugen_ :
In your world, reality, universe (where “a shot at 45 degrees will give the range v * v / 2g = 125 meters with an initial speed of 50 m / s”) you do not understand our problems

There are fewer

Gauss pistol of the greatest force VID 20181031 201942
Link2

High power coil gun gunVID 20181031 213635
Link2

High power coil gun gunVID 20181031 224651
Link2

If you have more than 200 - send. There is no help from Germany - a natural outcome of the consequences of defeats in two world wars.
The poor Germans. I am very sorry for them. If I had known how difficult it was for them there, I would have sent my prison rations of bread (evening).

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: