Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
Vaxian (17)

Next birthdays
05/20 Vaxian (17)
05/21 Dalus (34)
05/21 Kizmo (37)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

UV Lamp for PCB etching

Move Thread LAN_403
Madgyver
Wed Mar 15 2006, 08:03PM Print
Madgyver Registered Member #177 Joined: Wed Feb 15 2006, 02:16PM
I just finished translating the text from my webpage:

Link2

So what do you think?

Comments, remarks and questions are welcome!
dan
Wed Mar 15 2006, 08:15PM
dan Registered Member #223 Joined: Mon Feb 20 2006, 06:42PM
very nice.. I have never used photodeveloping for etching my boards. It must make life a lot easier. I still do it the old school way and thats using etchant resistant tape. It's a real pain so most of my circuits I just solder up on protoboard.

Also I tried to visit the 'reverse engineering' and 'small gadgets' page and they are both 404.
Madgyver
Wed Mar 15 2006, 08:19PM
THX. Yes, it definatley makes life a lot easier. But I need some good new layouts soon, I just tested it with some B/W pictures until now.

Yeah sorry, they are there but I didn't translate them so they are not activated. Try the german version (deutsche version) for some pictures. and check back later. should be translatet until next week.

Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Wed Mar 15 2006, 11:18PM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
One of the problems I ran into with multiple lamp fixtures was uneven exposure to the pcb. You may notice this when you start doing boards. It will have some well defined areas, then hazy areas. I think this is due to interferrence patterens much like that of the double-slit experiment.
What I did to get around this is to use a sheet of plastic diffusor and it solved that problem.
Other then using a light fixture, exposure to sunlight for 10 minutes works well if you don't have much money after buying the photo boards.

I also couldn't recommend sensitizing the boards yourself unless you're an expert spray painter. The spray stuff is really runny and I couldn't get even covarage.
Madgyver
Thu Mar 16 2006, 05:22PM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) wrote ...

One of the problems I ran into with multiple lamp fixtures was uneven exposure to the pcb. You may notice this when you start doing boards. It will have some well defined areas, then hazy areas. I think this is due to interferrence patterens much like that of the double-slit experiment.
What I did to get around this is to use a sheet of plastic diffusor and it solved that problem.
Other then using a light fixture, exposure to sunlight for 10 minutes works well if you don't have much money after buying the photo boards.

Actually i don't have that problem yet. The lamps are strong enough though, so I could do that in the future for large boards maybe.

Hazmatt_(The Underdog) wrote ...

I also couldn't recommend sensitizing the boards yourself unless you're an expert spray painter. The spray stuff is really runny and I couldn't get even covarage.
Yeah, I never tried to, but lots of peole say there are better things to do with spare time wink
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Thu Mar 16 2006, 09:25PM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
*nodds* glad to hear. I wanted to let you know just in case.
evilgecko
Thu Apr 13 2006, 08:51AM
evilgecko Registered Member #288 Joined: Mon Mar 06 2006, 07:52AM
I guess you have heard of toner etching and there is a reson why you don't use it.

If you havn't I seriously recommend you give it ago. I tried for the first time a few days ago and was surprised. I could easily create PCBs which had two tracks running between adjacent pads of a DIP16 chip, and crsystal clear font 4 text, all with a laser printer!
Madgyver
Thu Apr 13 2006, 11:33AM
Yeah I know that technique, but I don't own a laserprinter. This device here works with transparent paper instead of foils. The transparent paper is the kind, that is used by architects for sketches, it's cheap though.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: