All today's birthdays', congrats!
BlakFyre (36)
SENTRY (31)

Next birthdays
05/01 Shaun (34)
05/01 Spedy (30)
05/02 Adam Munich (30)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Sale and Trade
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Looking to buy/trade for a large Tesla coil.

Move Thread LAN_403
Jeff H
Wed Feb 06 2013, 10:47PM Print
Jeff H Registered Member #4298 Joined: Thu Dec 29 2011, 09:42PM
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to buy a large tesla coil. I would also be willing to trade for one if you are interested in laser stuff.

I understand there is a HUGE variety of coils out there so let me tell you what I would like. I really would like to keep my options open so if you don't meet my requirements post anyway!

I'm not going to be fussy about coils because its really been a HUGE dream to actually own one. I don't really have the knowledge to build my own nor the time really (lame excuse I know). I recently got into learning electrical stuff about 2-3 years ago when I got into lasers (which I LOVE as much as I do HV!).

What I'm looking for is a plug and play system. I have a variac rated for 7.5A (can upgraded to 15A if need be ^^).

I'm looking for the following:

*Any type of coil is fine sst, drsst,vttc ect... Preferably not spark gap as they seem too noisy.
*I'd like to be able to easily draw >2' streamers. (I won't be fussy if I can not meet this requirement)
*I would like the system to reliable. I don't want to have to stop the coil every minute to let it cool down. Reasonable run times please!
*I would prefer the system to be setup for some type of audio modulation. This is not necessary as I realize this can take a lot of tweaking. I can do my own tweaking if the coil can handle it.
*The system MUST run on normal 120V mains. I do not think my landlord would be happy if I ran a line out of the laundry room xD.
* Preferably a fine tuned system. Though I won't complain if it needs a bit of tuning :)
*I'm looking for someone who lives near the North east cost (Pennsylvania) so that shipping is not terrible for us.
* I REQUIRE pictures as well as some basic specs on your unit.
*Anything else would be an extra :)

Note: I realize what I'm asking for is quite dangerous and I would be more than happy to prove my identity upon request as I am over the age of 21 and understand the risks with this equipment. I have some experience with HV from X-ray transformers and MOT's and would be willing to show some of that upon request as well. I understand the risks and safety procedures that need to be taken.

Please post your pics and what you are willing to sell your unit for. If you are looking to do a trade please send me an email/PM. The best way to get in touch with me is a PM here: Link2 I will provide a phone number to contact me ONLY when a deal has been made.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask!

Thanks!
Jeff

Edit: I also have some basic equipment that I got in a trade a WHILE back to make a 1kw VTTC (4-1000a tube, mot's, caps, magnet wire, ferrite cores ect) I would be willing to trade some of this as well. (I would be willing to PAY for you to use the components to make me a VTTC too!) So please let me know.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: