All today's birthdays', congrats!
Shaun (34)
Spedy (30)

Next birthdays
05/02 Adam Munich (30)
05/02 Alfredo Texacca (60)
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: High Voltage
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

IR2110 H-Bridge Inverter for Induction Heater

Move Thread LAN_403
Patrick
Sat Jan 07 2012, 07:43AM
Patrick Registered Member #2431 Joined: Tue Oct 13 2009, 09:47PM
Excellent.... so 1k is a good value for this? some of my datasheets show it, but they print no value.
mohiuddinHimel
Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:08PM
mohiuddinHimel Registered Member #4254 Joined: Sat Dec 10 2011, 09:36PM
Dr. Pork wrote ...

1. 1N4937 should work, yes.

2. Just wind the same number of turns on both of them! Use yellow toroids from PC power supplies. Do not use ferrite toroids.

3. Should work, providing your doubler caps are large enough.

4. What you said - and the L is inductance of the work coil, not chokes as some people think. In my case the circuit resonates with a 4uF cap at about 100kHz.

Marko

Oright then i have to collect old PC power supplies to get these toroids. If you can tell me the core-material or type of the toroids i would simply buy it from market and that would be waaay more convenient to me.

can i use IR G4PC50UD IGBT instead of mosfets and 20V zeners to maintain gate to emitter voltage?

here is the datasheet:
Link2
Marko
Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:58PM
Marko Registered Member #89 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 02:40PM
Hi,

IIRC the core is the material 26 (Amidon/CWS) , probably has other names I don't know of, and is usually in a form of yellow-white toroid. I'm not sure if you can find those in typical local shops though! (for most people, it would be more convenient to pull them out!)

I wouldn't recommend using igbt's, their CE voltage drop is hard on the diode feedback thing as off voltage on the gate starts to get dangerously near threshold voltage... some people apparently got it working though you would need some low drop (prefferably schottky) diodes and still not push the voltage too high, perhaps up to 100V max.

IRFP260's are choice mosfets for this. The problem is that at higher voltages not only the ON resistance gets higher, but the diodes will tend to need to be bigger and have much greater forward voltage drop.

I used IRFP150's in my circuit, which enabled it to run up to 30V (my caps wouldn't take much more anyway).

Marko
mohiuddinHimel
Sat Jan 07 2012, 06:00PM
mohiuddinHimel Registered Member #4254 Joined: Sat Dec 10 2011, 09:36PM
Dr. Pork wrote ...

Hi,

IIRC the core is the material 26 (Amidon/CWS) , probably has other names I don't know of, and is usually in a form of yellow-white toroid. I'm not sure if you can find those in typical local shops though! (for most people, it would be more convenient to pull them out!)

I wouldn't recommend using igbt's, their CE voltage drop is hard on the diode feedback thing as off voltage on the gate starts to get dangerously near threshold voltage... some people apparently got it working though you would need some low drop (prefferably schottky) diodes and still not push the voltage too high, perhaps up to 100V max.

IRFP260's are choice mosfets for this. The problem is that at higher voltages not only the ON resistance gets higher, but the diodes will tend to need to be bigger and have much greater forward voltage drop.

I used IRFP150's in my circuit, which enabled it to run up to 30V (my caps wouldn't take much more anyway).
Marko

hi

now i think PC power supply was a better idea :|

Um gonna try both the IRFP150 n IRFP250 :)

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: