All today's birthdays', congrats!
Adam Munich (30)
Alfredo Texacca (60)

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Dreams

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
Simon
Wed May 10 2006, 05:08AM Print
Simon Registered Member #32 Joined: Sat Feb 04 2006, 08:58AM
Post your strange/interesting dreams here.

I can't think of much for myself right now, but the other night I dreamt my workshop was demolished and turned into a vegetable patch in my absence. I had to go through salvaging the odd diode from the dirt. I'm not sure how this worked since my workshop is in the basement of my house.

I once read of someone who dreamt he was arguing with his friend - in assembler. neutral I can't find the reference.
Wed May 10 2006, 05:22AM
... Registered Member #56 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:02AM
I sorta had a daydream while on a hike about an hour ago... I deamed that I had developed a room temp supercundutor I sold to the government for like a billion dollers. Then I came up with a way to make it into a semiconductor that was good into like the 10^20hz confused

I think it was induced with the sense of sheer pride/joy of getting one of the 3 A's on the AP chem final, and the slight nervousness but mostly confidence of the AP test tomorow (which if I get >60% on will raise me from getting b's both semesters to a's both semesters...)
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Wed May 10 2006, 08:42AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
I don't know exactly if I were stressed out or what, but it was really strange for me and stressful!

Background: I was still in Highschool when it happened. The day before (or whatever) I had watched EEK The Cat because I loved that show. Half of the show was broken to 2 parts, EEK the cat, and 3 miscreant dinosaurs in a civilizied world much like our own, who were the worst criminals the 'dino world' had to offer. They were pulled out of their prison term to hunt down 2 humans with the latest 'Bee' technology at their disposal. It was a silly show, but I liked the goofiness.

There were 3 dinos. An anthropomorphic: tricerotops, raptor-like dino, and a clutzy nutty bronto. Yea, you should be able to see what I dreamed I was by the looks of things.

What happened: Somehow I found myself as the nutty bronto sitting in the back of a bus going down some stretch of road, totally stressed out. I think you know the look in the eyes when someone is really stressed out with lots of heavy lines. You see that a lot in cartoons when someone is totally devastated. So anyways, we're riding in the back of the bus, somehow (I don't remember the detail) the asteroid is announced that its coming to the planet and one of the guys is saying the scientists will find a way to 'deal with it'. I start freaking out! I grab my tail like a blanked and start screaming "We're all GONNA DIE!"

It was such a shocker that I woke up immediately trying to get my breath. I really hope I don't have another dream like that because I was shaking.
Jim
Wed May 10 2006, 11:01AM
Jim Dunce.
Registered Member #28 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 03:29AM
How the hell does your grade on the AP test affect your grade in the class?!

You do know the scores for the AP test don't come out until July...

Oh well! I'm off to take it too
Dr. Dark Current
Wed May 10 2006, 01:13PM
Dr. Dark Current Registered Member #152 Joined: Sun Feb 12 2006, 03:36PM
As a child I remember having a dream where I fell to a hole that appeared on the floor. Now I was in a big white empty room, there was just a white table with a battery holder on it with NiCd batteries in it tongue Then I came and shorted it cheesey :P and the walls started to darken and carbonize, then I awakened.
smile

J.M.
Jim
Wed May 10 2006, 05:18PM
Jim Dunce.
Registered Member #28 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 03:29AM
You sir, have been sniffing too many colitas.
the_anomaly
Wed May 10 2006, 07:14PM
the_anomaly Registered Member #19 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 03:19PM
I remember having some dreams of winning the lotto and then waking up and wondering where my moneys gone cry
Alex
Wed May 10 2006, 08:05PM
Alex Geometrically Frustrated
Registered Member #6 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 04:18AM
Nick wrote ...

I remember having some dreams of winning the lotto and then waking up and wondering where my moneys gone cry
I've had similar dreams. Waking up and slowly coming to realize that none of it was true, and wanting to go back to sleep to keep dreaming..

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they're either incredibly distinct or equally abstract. I can remember an example of each...

A couple months ago, I had a strange dream where I was trying to paraglide off of a tall pole inside a massive hangar. I had to go out under the door though, which was almost completely closed. This proved impossible, and I smashed into the snow at a high rate of speed, then I walked off and drove around a city, viewing everything from a birdseye perspective. Cars were blobs, and streets were just darkened strips around lighter blotches of building. People kept crashing into each other, making it hard for me to go wherever I wanted to go, which pissed me off greatly.

My other example is from a dream later on that month. I woke up (in my dream) and looked around to see a very brightly lit room. There was nothing immediately apparent in the room. It was empty, with a hardwood floor, and light streaming in from an unseen window. For some reason I knew the room was mine, though it most certainly was not. Upon getting out of my bed (very light white sheets and blanket), I noticed a young girl huddled on the floor with her back to the wall. She seemed to be naked, or rather, that's what my dream would lead me to believe. I talked to her, although I don't remember any words exchanged. For some reason I had some intense feeling(s) for her, though the reasons for this don't seem apparent now. Dammit, that was not clear at all.

Fscking dreams, no wonder I don't remember them.
Avalanche
Wed May 10 2006, 09:03PM
Avalanche Registered Member #103 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 08:16PM
I have a few weird dreams. I had one once where I was trying to put together packets of data in my dream, but I think dreams like that are caused by overwork / working late at night, so you don't fully stop thinking - and it turns into a dream.

Another weird kind of dream I get is where I find myself in some unknown place, like a forest, but after a brief walk around I find some of my posessions scattered around - important things, like my laptop or digital camera. So I think ****! I'll have to find a way of getting all this lot back home!

A very common dream I get is that I can float, as in anti-gravity - all I have to do is concentrate, lean back and I can just float wherever I like - but if I lose concentration, the anti-gravity effect disappears. Those dreams are great because it's almost real, in places I know like my village, and I get them quite often!

EEYORE
Wed May 10 2006, 09:46PM
EEYORE Registered Member #99 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:10PM
How about them losing your teeth dreams!
dead

I have so many weird dreams...So vivid...I will have to remember some.
Matt
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: