Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Computer Science
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Cisco uBR924 Modem/Router troubles

Move Thread LAN_403
EDY19
Mon May 01 2006, 11:29PM Print
EDY19 Registered Member #105 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 08:54PM
Just got one of these router/modems, and I can't seem to get it to work. The OK light is on on the front, as well as the #1 which is the ethernet port i am using. Is there software somewhere that I need? I looked on Cisco's site, but couldn't find any really valuble information. Also, I know with linkys routers you can go to 192.168.1.1 to get into the settings, but do cisco modems have their own number, or is it all integrated into some program (the one that I don't have)? I think it is just a software issue, as I know that the thing worked on another computer, and isn't broken.
krenshala
Sun May 07 2006, 07:22PM
krenshala Registered Member #143 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 04:25PM
Yes, you should be able to connect to it either through a telnet connection or opening it in your web browser.

The address you connct to to will be based on how it is configured. Check the user guide for the default address and username/password.

If it worked on another computer the problem may just be that it is looking for that other computer. Some modems will only talk to one device, and store the MAC address of the last device to successfully connect. Check the user guide for the hard reset procedure for the modem, as this will clear any stored MAC address as well as reset the modem to the default IP address (and username/password for configuring it).
McFluffin
Sat May 13 2006, 03:22AM
McFluffin Registered Member #119 Joined: Fri Feb 10 2006, 06:26AM
If I recall, Cisco modems can't be configured. I have a 625(don't use it though) and I seem to recall finding that out when I was trying to figure out how to configure it. Any Cisco product that can be configured has some sort of serial interface such as a DB-9 or an RJ-45 jack. Does it have anything like that on it?
EDY19
Sat May 27 2006, 01:08AM
It does have a RJ45 connector labelled "Console", as well as two labeled Phone "V1+V2" and "V2" as well as one labelled "Line", the last three are normal sized telephone jacks. Also has 4 ethernet jacks, and one cable connector.
McFluffin
Mon May 29 2006, 11:40PM
Make a Console cable. Splice an Ethernet cable and splice a serial cable. Make approprieate connectors and put the two together. Heres a link:
Link2
I made my first console cable this way, I eventually found some adapaters and now even have an official Cisco console cable. Not sure if you are that into things, but if you use it enough, it would be nice to get something official rather than a quick fix.
EDY19
Mon May 29 2006, 11:53PM
How exactly do I use a console cable? Software... ??
McFluffin
Sun Aug 13 2006, 03:54PM
It will make you a serial cable. Hook it up to an RS-232 port such as a COM port and use a program like Hyper Terminal. If anyone knows a Linux equivilent, please let me know(for Fedora Core based if that helps, 2 or 4). So, if you made such a cable, plug the RJ-45 end into the modem/router, and the DB-9 end onto your PC.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: