Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
a.gutzeit (63)

Next birthdays
05/08 wpk5008 (34)
05/09 Alfons (36)
05/09 Coronafix (51)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Sale and Trade
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

want to buy a pole pig

1 2 3 4 
Move Thread LAN_403
Sun Mar 26 2006, 12:25AM Print
Registered Member #256 Joined:
would anyone here sell me a pole pig? i am in need of one, i am selling some of my fav things to raise money and have so far come up with 140. i would like to have a 5 Kva 2 bushing 14.4kv unit and if anyone can help me get one that would be great, i will try and come up with more money if needed.
GimpyJoe
Sun Mar 26 2006, 01:29AM
GimpyJoe Registered Member #316 Joined: Mon Mar 13 2006, 01:30PM
Just get yourself some MOT's.
Mike
Sun Mar 26 2006, 02:18AM
Mike Registered Member #58 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:40AM
Not to rain on your thread but do you have an idea of the weight/size of pole pigs?
It could easily weigh like 200+lbs, and that shipping will really be a pain.
Sun Mar 26 2006, 02:57AM
i have somone in texas and i can get shipping down to 191.84 so idk but yes i know these sob's are probably hella heavy, is anyone on here in southern utah or california or nevada or northern arizona?
GimpyJoe
Sun Mar 26 2006, 03:52AM
GimpyJoe Registered Member #316 Joined: Mon Mar 13 2006, 01:30PM
You DON'T NEED a pig to get 5KVA+! Look at TDU's site!
Mike
Sun Mar 26 2006, 06:12AM
Mike Registered Member #58 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:40AM
haha yeh mots would work, but also, sometimes a power company will give you one, its a small chance, but call em up if you havent already, explain your problem, ask if theyve got any old units they would be willing to donate for experimentation and exclaim that you can practice safety!
Sun Mar 26 2006, 07:14AM
i tried mots and they got messed up and i have wanted a pig fo the longest time and ill try power company again so ill let anyone know im still looking cuz power company closed sunday how should i go about asking for one, especially me being 16, over the fone tho i got a deep voice :P well any help would be appreciated on the old site there was a link to an ebay page would anyone happen to have it? they were pigs for 300 and free shipping to some places
Sun Mar 26 2006, 06:04PM
ya i know,. as far aws me moving goes my parents would be ok with a pig staying with them and all, so i wouldnt get rid of it, good idea with the core thing, and thanks for helpin me so far
Quantum Singularity
Mon Mar 27 2006, 05:49AM
Quantum Singularity Registered Member #158 Joined: Sun Feb 12 2006, 09:53PM
I bought my pole pig online from a company called austin international. You might try a search, its been a few years though. I paid $75 for 10kVA 20kV single pole distro xfrmer. Shipping should have been about $150 but they quoted me $75 and I held em to it (a few phone calls). Just a word of advice... make sure you really need one! There extremely cumbersome, dangerous, and you need to have something to plug em into. I had mine in my dads garage wich he was still wiring. I slapped in a 100A 220V breaker and wired the leads straight into the breaker and used it as my on/off switch. Your electric oven plug or perhaps dryer plug may work for low power levels 20/30A ish. Also, if youre using it for tesla coils, jacob's ladders, or other things wich cause an electrical short to be seen by the supply then you need to ballast it. I had an old 275A arc welder I wired in series with the pole pig for variable ballast. After I bough it I have never really used it either. Its just too big for anything. I have yet to build a tesla coil that could take advantage of such power. I have used it just once, making a large jacobs ladder. It was just a one time thing though, not really convinient having to wire it straight into the panel box. Some day I'll use it I hope.
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Mon Mar 27 2006, 07:26AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
I see a death and a lawsuit coming.

16 is way too young to be 'playing' with this kind of power. Hell, I have a PT, 27, and have the fear of God in me about working with it, and I'm not even religous!
1 2 3 4 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: