Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Computer Science
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

HTML problem

1 2 
Move Thread LAN_403
Zonalklism
Sun Jul 30 2006, 05:23PM Print
Zonalklism Registered Member #213 Joined: Sun Feb 19 2006, 05:48PM
I have a page where when a person loads it with his browser, they would automatically click on a link thats on the page then click on a link thats on the next page. Is that even possible in html? If so, any help would be appreciated.
dan
Sun Jul 30 2006, 06:04PM
dan Registered Member #223 Joined: Mon Feb 20 2006, 06:42PM
Could you explian your problem in a little more detial? I don't understand exaclty what your trying to do. I know it's possible to use a meta tag to redirect a user to another page. Then have a redirect on the second page that redirects to a third page. You can put in a delay of some seconds in between each redirect. Just google html/meta redirect or something along those lines.

Edit - Fresh from google:
<<META http-equiv="refresh" content="5;URL=http://secondpage.htm">

Just put that in between the head tags.. The 5 is the delay in seconds before the redirect..
Zonalklism
Sun Jul 30 2006, 08:03PM
Ok. there is a page that i can partially modify the html on. When someone loads it into their browser, it should be like they click on a link on that page, then when that page loads click a link on it. The catch is I can't use meta tags and I can't modify the code on the second page.
Simon
Mon Jul 31 2006, 12:23AM
Simon Registered Member #32 Joined: Sat Feb 04 2006, 08:58AM
I'm afraid you're not being that clear. Can you give an example of what you mean?

wrote ...

it should be like they click on a link on that page
It should be "like"? How so?

What do you mean you can only partially edit the HTML? Context might be useful here.
Zonalklism
Mon Jul 31 2006, 03:26AM
Take this page for example, you can partially modify the html (by posting). What I need is when the visitor loads the page, it would be as if they clicked on a link on that page. Say when you load this page, they would be redirected to the Home link at the top of the page.
Then when their browser loads the second page click a button on it. However I can't modify the html on the second page.

Now that I gave a clearer explanation of what I'm trying to do(no It has nothing to do with 4hv.org), would the use of a cookie help with not being able to modify the second page's code?
Alex
Mon Jul 31 2006, 04:57AM
Alex Geometrically Frustrated
Registered Member #6 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 04:18AM
It sounds like you're trying to (effectively) bring down a website. That really isn't a very friendly thing to do, however, I think it's a fairly futile effort so I'm not going to lock this thread.

Any CMS or forum worth its salt only parses certain (if any) HTML tags. a, img, b, u, i, center, br, p, etc... Formatting tags only. Even if it did allow other tags, you can't put a meta tag in the body.
Steve Conner
Mon Jul 31 2006, 10:06AM
Steve Conner Registered Member #30 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 10:52AM
Yea, it looks like robotking is trying to exploit someone else's website or forum. :P I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he's trying something fairly innocent: maybe to get round a file hosting service that doesn't let you link to the files directly, but makes you click through a page with ads on it first.

robotking: I think you'll find that web browsers don't allow you to do what you want, outside of redirection through meta tags. You'd probably have to infect the user's computer with some kind of malware that would take control of their browser and make it click on things, which is very non-innocent indeed. We don't want the name of 4hv.org to be associated with this kind of illegal hacking mad
tecNik
Tue Aug 01 2006, 11:48AM
tecNik Registered Member #77 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 10:24AM
Looks like he is trying to make users of a sight automaticly vote or click on an advetrising link to generate revenue.

Naughty, Naughty.
ragnar
Tue Aug 01 2006, 12:57PM
ragnar Registered Member #63 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:18AM
I've used PHP in smallish (200,000) datamining operations... file_get_contents can be used to load the contents of a page, then you can regexp and save stuff to your database as necessary. Of course this isn't the same as a 'real person' clicking the link(s)

but what're you doing, exactly? Automated voting?
Zonalklism
Tue Aug 01 2006, 03:47PM
Now that I actually look at it again, it's more complicated that placing a little html.
1 2 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: