All today's birthdays', congrats!
Bead (41)
Fumeaux (25)

Next birthdays
04/28 Steve Conner (46)
04/29 GODSFUSION (37)
04/29 Zajcek (37)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Farewell frrom Stella

1 2 
Move Thread LAN_403
Proud Mary
Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:02PM Print
Proud Mary Registered Member #543 Joined: Tue Feb 20 2007, 04:26PM
Many days have now gone by since last I made a two financial contributions to this site.

I am an old age pensioner, for whom money is no easy matter, but no acknowledgement has ever been received.

I am aware of very nasty transphobic attacks coming from overseas, but doubt that this is responsible.

To those who have been my friends over the last ten years, I wish you well.

To the fascists and transphobes and embezzalers - what can one say? Little people.

My love to the people who know I care for them.

With much love to those whose have been my friends,

Stellla XXXX

Mads Barnkob
Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:40PM
Mads Barnkob Registered Member #1403 Joined: Tue Mar 18 2008, 06:05PM
Dear Stella

First I would be sad to see you leave 4hv, you have a wide knowledge and I have learned much from reading your replies.

I donated 10$ in August and I do not see my name highlighted either. I do not have any suspension that the reason for that should be my sexual orientation, just as little as it should be for yours sake.

Do not make this an argument about something it is absolutely not about, if this thread goes further in that direction I will lock it.

Have you tried contacting Chris and ask what is going on?
Thomas W
Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:55PM
Thomas W Registered Member #3324 Joined: Sun Oct 17 2010, 06:57PM
I will really miss you Stella, you did help me out a large amount with some parts. Im rather upset that Chris has not bothered to update the list of the money i also donated in your steed as well for the parts you sent me, Yet he never did update the thing, the last time i recieved a message from him was some weeks ago saying he would 'get round to it some time'. I have a feeling Chris is no longer caring for the site and more likely just leaves it up for us.

Im actually wondering if its about time to set up a new 4HV or try and get ownership passed onto someone who is more regular on the site, i cannot actually remember the last time Chris ever posted.

However.. Rest assured you will be missed Stella. Best of luck on your future endevors.
However i along with mads also do not think it is anything to do with sexual oriantation or things along that line.
Patrick
Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:17PM
Patrick Registered Member #2431 Joined: Tue Oct 13 2009, 09:47PM
PM sent Proud Mary, please reply.

If its a matter of money, i could donate again to keep the forum going, but ill have to tighten the belt a notch. I dont know how much a site like this costs per month, but i need this forum.

Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Fri Oct 31 2014, 12:51AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
Who are these phantom transphobic attackers from overseas?

I think you are being hyper-sensitive again, just like ages ago when you had the conversion, lashed out at the forum for no good reason, WHEN you had support from others, and then it was all kisses and hugs again.

If you're looking for recognition... I changed my name to "the underdog" of all things because ... Hell.. my birthday doesn't even show up on the birthday list... but you know what... I've never been popular, celebrated, or recognized, and I'm over it. Getting kicked to the curb is just part of life.
Carbon_Rod
Fri Oct 31 2014, 03:55AM
Carbon_Rod Registered Member #65 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:43AM
Actually, I have found your input over the years rather impressive, and offers a rare understanding of rather unique scientific interests. IIRC, I had recommended talking with someone to help you deal with the complex stresses in your life. I had hoped you may find a way of handling the things that upset you in a less traumatic way.

In academic behavioral studies it is known that if a person believes a place does not find them favorable, they will unconsciously behave in a disagreeable manner. Note, people will often find they are far more judgmental of their own behavior than their community.

Try this site:
Link2

Hint: Happiness is finding a balance between a meaningful life, and a pleasant life.
...this observation has a statistical proof if you need citations...
=)
Sulaiman
Fri Oct 31 2014, 06:20AM
Sulaiman Registered Member #162 Joined: Mon Feb 13 2006, 10:25AM
Stella,
please don't leave ... you are one of our guiding lights.

I understand lack of appreciation but don't let that get to you
(I've no idea what insults you've received but as you say .. Little People)
many of us have benefited from your knowledge
and you should stay to help the community.

If you do abandon us ...
thanks for your participation here, and good luck in the future, you WILL be missed.

P.S. Chris is not active here ... sometimes my meagre donations have taken weeks to be highlighted on the list, and although I haven't donated for ages my name is still highlighted.

Chris, that's not a complaint ... just an observation
... I and many others appreciate this site so PLEASE keep it going.
(Guilt motivated donation just sent !)
Proud Mary
Fri Oct 31 2014, 09:57AM
Proud Mary Registered Member #543 Joined: Tue Feb 20 2007, 04:26PM
13th Century, Damascus: The Islamic scholar and Sunni legal authority Imam An-Nawawi (1234-78 CE) writes that:

"A mukhannath is the one who carries in his movements, in his appearance and in his language the characteristics of a woman. There are two types; the first is the one in whom these characteristics are innate, he did not put them on by himself, and therein is no guilt, no blame and no shame, as long as he does not perform any illicit act or exploit it for money. The second type acts like a woman out of immoral purposes and he is the sinner and blameworthy."*

*Ref: Rowson EK, The Effeminates of Early Medina, J. Am. Oriental Soc 111 (4): 671-693, 1991

===========

Pre-1979

In 1963, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini wrote a book in which he stated that there was no religious restriction on corrective surgery for intersex individuals, though this did not apply to those without physical ambiguity in sex organs. At the time Khomeini was a radical, anti-Shah revolutionary and his fatwas did not carry any weight with the Imperial government, which did not have any specific policies regarding transsexual individuals.[1]
Dr. Slack
Fri Oct 31 2014, 10:58AM
Dr. Slack Registered Member #72 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 08:29AM
Hi Stella,

I'm glad you have this family that you can kick out against every few years, when whatever is getting you down gets too much. There aren't many places on the web, or in meat-space for that matter, where you will have this level of support. This forum is quite unusual in its small size, self-selecting intelligent posters, and very strong anti-tin-hat ethos, which together can give you a lot of very supportive people on tap. There will be some here who are nasty, but that's pretty inescapable in life.

If you do stop posting for a while, carry on lurking at least. If you want to chat by PM, please do. I'm sure there will be others here who may be amenable to continuing conversation.

good luck
Uspring
Fri Oct 31 2014, 12:07PM
Uspring Registered Member #3988 Joined: Thu Jul 07 2011, 03:25PM
Hi Stella,

I've donated some time ago to this list. I was asked by Chris, whether I wanted to have my name on the contributors list. I declined, since I don't care too much about that. Neither it is too important for me, who else shows up there, as long as there is enough money to keep it going.

What I do care about is your online persona. I learned to appreciate a technically skilled person with a heart big enough to also be concerned about our planet. This is what matters.

1 2 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: