All today's birthdays', congrats!
BlakFyre (36)
SENTRY (31)

Next birthdays
05/01 Shaun (34)
05/01 Spedy (30)
05/02 Adam Munich (30)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Miniature wireless power demonstrator

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
Lucifer
Wed Sept 09 2009, 02:54PM
Lucifer Registered Member #2351 Joined: Wed Sept 09 2009, 02:43PM
Hye Marko & strider,
I am new here...I am working same project with strider on a wireless electricity project for my final year project but using router 802.11g as a transmitter (2.4Ghz). Any idea? The receiver can receive the frequency 2.4Ghz ? How can i build the receiver for frequency from the router? can someone help me...please...
strider
Thu Sept 10 2009, 12:18AM
strider Registered Member #2341 Joined: Mon Sept 07 2009, 12:16PM
Lucifer you need to receive your signal using a router? what amount of power you are sending and what type of devices you are looking to use as load? please give more details so we can have better view to see how we can help
Lucifer
Thu Sept 10 2009, 05:24AM
Lucifer Registered Member #2351 Joined: Wed Sept 09 2009, 02:43PM
is it possible to build the receiver which can receive the signal from router ? i need the power to charge a moble phone...
strider
Thu Sept 10 2009, 11:13AM
you need a harvesting circuit cause router power level is very low (micro to pico Watt).. Try to see Powercast Technology it will give you some help, also if you need further help you can reach me through my msn and skype posted on the post with pics above
Curtis
Thu Sept 10 2009, 07:27PM
Curtis Registered Member #883 Joined: Sat Jul 07 2007, 01:02PM
I think that this technology is in use ore than we think about in our everyday lives. It is the principal used in rfid tags used for loss prevention in stores. Just yesterday i say an induction charger for wii remotes where you just set the controller on the charging pad in any orientation to charge it.
Scott Fusare
Fri Sept 11 2009, 02:37PM
Scott Fusare Registered Member #531 Joined: Sat Feb 17 2007, 10:51AM
A quick prototype I put together at work as a concept demonstrator a year or so ago.

1252679026 531 FT74096 Cut

1252679137 531 FT74096 Picture 006

The low Q obtained with the printed planar inductor limited the overall range to ~30cm when using a third "repeating" resonator. This is running 2 watts at 1 MHZ input from a tiny class E oscillator. A larger high Q system was eventually built that delivered 10s of watts at ~70% transfer efficiency over a 20 cm gap.

Personally I don't understand why the MIT team and everyone who has followed believes this is anything new or innovative. Loosely coupled high Q resonators are quite venerable. All the MIT team did was re-describe the process in terms normally reserved for optical processes. Heck, they even won a MacArthur grant for demonstrating something Tesla was photographed doing more than a century ago!
big5824
Fri Sept 11 2009, 03:45PM
big5824 Registered Member #1687 Joined: Tue Sept 09 2008, 08:47PM
Can someone explain to me what the MIT team did to improve efficiency and transfer range so much other than ensuring a good frequency match with the recieving coil. (google isnt too consistent)
Scott Fusare
Fri Sept 11 2009, 04:20PM
Scott Fusare Registered Member #531 Joined: Sat Feb 17 2007, 10:51AM
Resonators had measured Q of 1000.

As I said, they really did nothing new.
Fri Sept 11 2009, 05:49PM
... Registered Member #56 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:02AM
What the MIT did that was new was publish their findings with a bunch of buzzwords and let the media loose on it. They made no innovation that tesla/marconi/etc (and possibly some of the people before them) didn't think of, and hasn't been well tested/documented by anyone doing RF work.
strider
Fri Sept 11 2009, 08:14PM
How about evanescent resonance?? its used but in wireless electricity, also MIT had already admit that the concept is not new however they had make use of it on a good fashion. so if you can do better or make use of good concept in a good project you will gain a lot of respect for that
 1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: