Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/11 ramses (16)
05/11 Arcstarter (31)
05/11 Zak (15)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Tesla Coils
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Red Alert Tesla project

Move Thread LAN_403
ragnar
Mon Oct 01 2007, 03:52PM
ragnar Registered Member #63 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:18AM
Actually, I was making specific reference to the uncommonly-known Tesla Trooper that premiered in the 'Aftermath' expansion pack to Red Alert 1. Just to be obscure. wink

I wish my own threads got this much attention. And for Sulaiman, my audio-modulated 13.56MHz coil is a perfectly practical, useful application of a Tesla coil smile

..."burn, baby, burn!"...
Tesladownunder
Mon Oct 01 2007, 06:26PM
Tesladownunder Registered Member #10 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 09:45AM
Matt Bingham wrote ...

I've actually got a smallish soviet flag I could lend you. Well, I don't know how soviet you'd consider it, but it's proper red fabric with a yellow hammer and sickle I stitched on.
Thanks for the offer. At this stage I think I will include my shipping container in the photo, and then I can paint a big hammer and sickle on it directly. I still am in planning stages.
Are you a closet communist, comrade?

Datastream, thanks for the list of Tesla troopers responses. Often we can't hear them clearly enough while playing.

TDU
Shaun
Tue Oct 02 2007, 12:16AM
Shaun Registered Member #690 Joined: Tue May 08 2007, 03:47AM
As of now this project ("red alert tesla coil") is up to #5 on Google; #3 if you don't count the indented results. That was fast!
Tesladownunder
Tue Oct 02 2007, 12:37AM
Shaun wrote ...

As of now this project ("red alert tesla coil") is up to #5 on Google; #3 if you don't count the indented results. That was fast!
It is probably reflective of how little chatter there is about Red Alert. Note the #10 was someone making a comment on my Eye of Sauron stuff on DIGG.
Thing is that many millions will remember the game even if almost no-one plays it anymore.

TDU
ragnar
Tue Oct 02 2007, 02:59AM
Tesladownunder wrote ...

...At this stage I think I will include my shipping container in the photo, and then I can paint a big hammer and sickle on it directly. I still am in planning stages.
Are you a closet communist, comrade?...

Now painting that shipping container with a red/yellow hammer+sickle stencil would just be FANTASTIC... but you'll get dirty looks if you don't promptly unpaint it afterwards wink

Closet communist? I made it, inspired by Red Alert, when I was younger and ignorant, just for fun. A bit pointless now I think about it, but I'm sure it'll come in handy if I ever need to masquerade as one or get involved in an objectivist witchhunt...
Coronafix
Tue Oct 02 2007, 03:08AM
Coronafix Registered Member #160 Joined: Mon Feb 13 2006, 02:07AM
Matt Bingham wrote ...

Now painting that shipping container with a red/yellow hammer+sickle stencil would just be FANTASTIC... but you'll get dirty looks if you don't promptly unpaint it afterwards wink

Yes, now that might attract some undesired attention. rolleyes
Nice to see some John Butler lyrics there Matt!
Firnagzen
Tue Oct 02 2007, 10:03AM
Firnagzen Registered Member #567 Joined: Tue Mar 06 2007, 10:55AM
Tesladownunder wrote ...

Firnagzen wrote ...

.... By the way, why are you modelling a tesla trooper? If I remember correctly, they were immune to tesla coils.
The Tesla Trooper was a Soviet Unit that you could get to stand next to the Tesla coil to increase it's range. Put 6 Troopers next to one and you had a very powerful long range defence indeed.
My wife would still be playing this game if it would run on her current computer.

Ah, I see. I thought you were going to use it as a target. Also, her current computer can't run RAII? Um...

Tesladownunder wrote ...

Steve Conner wrote ...

... Another way of addressing these points would be to replace your current fishing line setup with a Taser-type mechanism, so it actually did work as a weapon wink
In fact with the last photo, the nylon line melted sending the wire flying towards me. I had anticipated this might happen and knew that I was safe as the gap was too great and it was only an earth line. Nevertheless a little breathtaking to see a sparking line coming directly towards you while perched on a ladder.

TDU
Anyone ever seen what's called the Lorentz cannon? Dunno if it's a hoax, but it sure is a cool concept. Link2
Ken M.
Tue Oct 02 2007, 12:56PM
Ken M. Registered Member #618 Joined: Sat Mar 31 2007, 04:15AM
The lorentz cannon sounds like a tazer that cops use but on steroids. It says that it shoots a (essentailly a dart) with a wire attached to it, which hits the target and then is electrified with a marx generator. The resulting discharge current vaporizes the wire yeilding a lovely plasmy trail.
Tesladownunder
Wed Oct 03 2007, 12:44PM
My latest addition to my base is the Soviet wheelie bin.

First pic shows the best side. Second pic, the not so best side.

TDU

1191415455 10 FT32031 Teslarapaintedsupportsfront

1191415455 10 FT32031 Teslarapaintedsupportsrear
ragnar
Wed Oct 03 2007, 01:08PM
I'm glad you're modelling the RA2 tesla coil, cuz the RA1 sprite was so daggy and half-arsed, and everybody's forgotten what it looked like anyway.

That base is going to look fantastic with the sparks flying above -- it'll be INSTANTLY recognisable, keep it up, but do take care! :)

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: