All today's birthdays', congrats!
Matthew T. (35)
Amrit Deshmukh (60)

Next birthdays
05/05 Alexandre (32)
05/07 a.gutzeit (63)
05/08 wpk5008 (34)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

The Tesla Thermionic Valve Wireless Energy Transmitting Apparatus

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
teravolt
Fri May 08 2009, 12:45AM
teravolt Registered Member #195 Joined: Fri Feb 17 2006, 08:27PM
thanks, can't wate
Cesiumsponge
Sat May 09 2009, 09:18AM
Cesiumsponge Registered Member #397 Joined: Wed Apr 19 2006, 12:56AM
Change of plans! I was made aware that OMJ plugged my project as a feature of the week on the main page so I'm going to plug what I have so far as it'll only be up for a week. It would make little sense for everyone visiting my project only to see a couple photos. I'm lagging a bit on updated photos but this installment of photos should keep most folks happy.

A note:
Some of the photos are outdated or do not correspond to the final build, or seem to be anachronistic. I changed a couple components here and there, and didn't think it worthwhile to redo for the photo documentation as nothing important has changed. All wiring has been cable laced as of today. The grid leak resistor shown is different from the variable unit used, and so on. I will do a final round of photos of the finished coil when it's completely ready. Let me preface this post that it's subject to changes/edits as necessary; its 2AM and I barely assembled this post as it was.

Project Inception and Goals:
The project was named the Tesla Thermionic Valve Wireless Energy Transmitting Apparatus as a throwback nod to turn of the century terminology. It's inspired by vintage and antique high voltage devices from the 20th century and the modern steampunk movement of revitalizing the victorian age industrialism with a modern twist. The design elements of this tesla coil are largely based on the types of meterials used. Steel, aluminum, and plastics would create a sleek modern feel while brass, copper, and wood materials create a vintage feel of yesteryear. With all the stunning coils being built with modern materials like lexan and acrylic, I decided to go counterculture and introduce something familiar to the old guard. I suppose in this manner, both extremes of tesla coil construction methods are covered. However, I took care to use materials that should last for a very long time. Wood was completely sealed with pure tung oil. Wiring, despite being braided cloth, use modern materials that haven't had 50 years to degrade, for example.

My goal for this project was to rebuild an existing single 810 VTTC circuit I had constructed about five years earlier, based off of Steve Ward's coil. It performed remarkably well, peaking at 17", and it was reasonably slick looking, utilizing HDPE construction. However it never really warmed up to me and eventually I dismantled it. I took a liking to old vintage high voltage devices over time and the steampunk movement was a nice revitalization of old world craftsmanship and skills you don't often see today.
3374625586 7d8b901e01 M3354823786 291a2ab40e M3343642628 Dd2b31ab91 M

By designing a coil utilizing the dicotemy between past and present, I modeled up a coil that keyed in on being visually attractive and unique in appearance, while being fairly easy to manufacture (with my given tooling) with prefabricated components requiring minimal machine work since I do not have access to many tools or any machine tools. The highest end tool I have at home is a large tabletop drill press. My Mitutoyo calipers cost more than my drill press. The layout is different so I expect some tuning issues to deviate from what worked on the original build but I expect performance to be similar. The addition of a variable grid leak resistor (not a feature on the last one) should give me the ability to reduce plate heating.

This is the original model which I constructed and did dimensional figures with. Things have changed a bit since then but it's remained relatively close to original intent.
1241858758 397 FT68793 Render

Here is the original coil as it was constructed a half decade ago:
1241858568 397 FT68793 Almost Vttc 1 1241858568 397 FT68793 Almost Vttc 2 1241858568 397 FT68793 Almost Vttc 3

And a schematic that is up to date (I believe) reflecting the current coil configuration:
1241858568 397 FT68793 Vttc

Building materials:
The key to design is to pick a theme and one or two central focal points. The triode and triode guard on this project is probably considered the focal point as it takes up an entire corner quadrant. The triode guard consists of pieces of .250" copper tubing that is pounded and worked to shape. These are used as running spacers between stacks of ceramic standoffs.
3355428866 580c8c8250 M3354620505 Baaa5e4ed9 M3436256499 25ef444be5 M

I utilize an excessive amount of ceramic insulators in the build, over 50 by a rough estimate. Lots of accents were added in the way of brass and copper. Copious use of brass spheres, half spheres, and knurled thumbscrews were used to terminate threaded rods and machine screws at choice points in addition to cosmetic effect. Items such as the two tiers of brass railing serve to strengthen the inherently weak tensile strength of ceramic threads in the standoffs I used as pillars and the tube guard was comprised of lengths of formed copper tubing and ceramic spacers.
3371836174 E037228fdc M3371839224 C2c3d0a58f M

3437058426 8b1bd761ac M3434838593 C5a872b6d6 M

Red oak was utilized for it's durability and toughness as a hardwood which is readily available and affordable, sealed in pure tung oil which prevents moisture absorption. Everything utilizing machine screws and rods were attached to the oak decks by way of threaded wood inserts. This gives the strongest connection and also the most reusable assembly method. You can assemble and disassemble indefinitely until your fingers go numb. Wood screws have a tendancy to vary in thread pitch from one another, and constantly removing or installing them can strip out or chew up the hole because you aren't aligning the lead thread of the screw with the lead thread of the hole each and every time.
3339983461 38ddccd357 M3434153546 A2c2129257 M3340767928 834cb37161 M

For example, the brass rails required rabbets to fit into one another at the corner joints. This would be trivial with a mill but since I had none, I used brass stock at half the finished thickness requirement and cut the half-segments to proper length before brazing them together and hand fitting/filing the perpendicular pieces until they fit neatly into one another. It ended up taking much more effort and doesn't look as good, but where there's a will, there's a way.
3343633080 33f3c04c9a M3343636200 889d9f81a3 M3342803809 5b0d4bae18 M

3339944023 Fb0c154417 M3339944823 1419709e5c M3354011419 4fba09e894 M

Pretty much every single item is raised off the mounting surface by way of some sort of standoff or spacer. This serves no practical purpose but gives it a more interesting appearance.
3414003082 Bbe80432a0 M3414002104 B953abcefc M3413195439 14c12fedef M

Many mundane items were built with special attention to make them interesting in appearance. For example. the grid leak resistor is made up of three units in series for a more compact package. The tank capacitor assembly was stylized to add visual interest, as is the RF bypass capacitor assembly.
3354810244 1aecc2c432 M3354815262 Fd2e22f28e M

3457670192 04979f4480 M3456858435 4e190950dc M3489743179 F994e78455 M

3489628633 7e4c53e5b7 M3490446120 Dd07703cef M3490449382 F7aa6d5612 M

Tubes:
I settled on using the 810 tube because it's a very robust transmitting triode that's had a history of successful use in the tesla coiling world. It's relatively compact size and narrow diameter makes it a reasonably-sized installation. The graphite plate ensures it's very tough and many people reported running this way over spec with no issues, even with the plate glowing bright red. They're relatively affordable and easy to find and the internal build quality makes it one of the most rugged tubes I've come across. There are several large ceramic support forms inside the tube with numerous reinforcement struts and signifigant glass support at the base. There aren't any wimpy mica supports in this thing! I have seen the larger tubes like the 833 cited as brittle and requiring kid gloves. The 810 utilizes a jumbo 4-pin base which feeds the pins through a metal/ceramic base into a bayonet sleeve socket which securely holds the tube. These sockets are also dirt cheap compared to sockets for 833's or 304TL's. They run on a 10V filament voltage with 4.5A current draw.
3354611799 434c8587c7 M3355435840 5fdfff355f M3355444410 E32b922476 M

Since I decided to go with the steampunk and vintage theme, the decision was made to completely avoid silicon devices. the voltage doubler on the high voltage side was handled with a 3B28 xenon gas rectifier in place of a high voltage diode. This adds complexity to the project but the components still had enough room to fit nicely on the platform. The 3B28 is a drop-in replacement for the 866A mercury rectifier (my first choice) but with the major benefit of double the current handling, giving plenty of operational overhead. These operate at 2.5V with a 5A current draw. The 3B28 come in several flavors. The first one I bought had a mica shield at the top, blocking the blue glow of the tube whilst in operation. Another I purchased did not have this shield and lets an observer watch the colors while it's under load, growing brighter and larger as current increases.
3414007400 F595738200 M3373812431 Dced449608 M3394416780 Fcce104d06 M

Secondary coil:
The secondary coil is wound on a conduit-grade 3.5" PVC tubing, which are designated by a light gray coloring. While coloring is not generally prefered when given a choice, I have seen no harm from color pigments so far. The design called for a completely sealed interior. PVC end caps were fabricated for both ends with provisions to insulate any metallic conductors such as the threaded mounted inserts and the breakout point. It consists of roughly 885 turns of #26AWG standard build magnet wire. The entire coil is baked and then coated several dozen times with polyurethane, resulting in a coating that is roughly .100" thick at the most. The top and bottom inch of the coil itself, with it's spacewound turns, is wrapped with kapton tape on top of the polyurethane coating, resulting in an amber darkening that blends it much closer to the main coil body itself, in addition to extra dielectric strength.
3453490898 Fe6253b759 M

The top end-cap consists of a .250" thick PVC disk with the same OD as the PVC tubing itself. A secondary disk was cut from .250" phenolic sheet which was then epoxied on top of the PVC disk. The wire at the top of the coil is then routed into a recessed channel on the end cap, preventing it from abrasion and damage. The breakout point is a piece of 1/4-20 stainless threaded rod with the top half of the threads removed and the point machined to a dull point (a much more acute point would overheat very quickly and oxidize or melt). This is then fed through a beehive-type ceramic insulator. The magnet wire itself is fed underneath the ceramic insulator and makes electrical connection to the threaded rod via two washer/nut stacks to ensure electrical connectivity and reliability since it cannot be brazed to steel (assuming one can do so with silver braze, the magnet wire probably won't survive the elevated temperatures and oxidize under open flame from a torch)
3452674653 3426feb90e M3466934351 Fedb27b008 M

The base end-cap consists of a .250" thick PVC disk with the same OD as the PVC tubing itself. A secondary disk was cut from .500" PVC sheet with an OD that matched the ID of the 3.5" tubing. These two disks were glued together. Four holes were drilled partially through and four steel 1/4-20 threaded inserts were used. These inserts allow me to mount the barebones secondary coil to a flanged base designed for this particular project, but the modularity allows me to use the coil for other purposes, if I so desired to.
3452678807 Ba8992d82d M3466935993 6dd8454a35 M

The magnet wire at the base of the coil is routed through a recessed channel on the end cap, preventing it from abrasion and damage. The end is soldered to a 3.25" diameter copper sheet which has an identical four-hole bolt pattern drilled into it to match the bolt pattern of the threaded inserts in the end cap. This disk is then epoxied to the end cap, serving as the terminating junction for the base of the coil.
3501633966 Caa7c2d2b2 M3500822979 8d82fdf55f M3500825681 930455ae30 M

The base flange is a 5.500" OD .250" thick phenolic disk which serves as the mating part to the secondary coil. This flange has two patterns of bolt holes, one matching that of the secondary's end cap and another larger diameter pattern 45 degrees radially opposed for ceramic standoffs to attach the flange to the deck of the tesla coil. This base also has a copper ground sheet of 3.5" OD (with addition of a tab) which mates to the 3.25" disk on the bottom of the secondary itself when it is mechanically fastened together from underneath using 1/4-20 machine screws into the threaded inserts. An RF ground connection then can be tapped from the tab of the copper plane on the flange to an insulated feedthru directly underneath the deck to a central ground block system.
3500829719 4e7cb795ee M

Wiring:
The wiring took the longest out of everything to do. Wiring up the tesla coil took about 20 hours, mainly because I redid multiple connections multiple times in order to get wire bundled routed properly and to the right length, with neat, approvable terminations. All terminals use non-insulated crimps so they had to look presentable and not mangled by a crimping tool. The insulative jacket had to butt up against the crimps within reason and everything needed to look uniform. This was hard with cotton braided wiring because the cotton tends to fray if not stripped perfectly.
3355467440 1250f52ed2 M3436254811 Ef5bd51de9 M

I'm using old techniques of running bundles and includes the "lost art" of cable lacing with waxed twine, which is the traditional lacing material. Cable lacing utilizes a single piece of waxed silk or cotton (nylon or similar for modernists) twine which is half-hitched (or similar running knotwork) along the length of a bundle, essentially locking wires together into a monolithic while retaining flexibility and visibility. It's main purpose was making it easy to trace, keeping the individual wires in the bundle parallel throughout the run. This technique was used heavily in avionics, telcom, and maritime wiring before the advent of zipties and it's still used today, though to a much lesser degree due to labor involved. It's mostly seen in spot tying bundles, not a full lacing job. It covers less of the wire (giving higher visibility), is less abrasive on jackets, and does not deform the jackets as much as zipties. Zipties form a circular bundle. If its too tight, it'll deform the insulative jackets. If it's too loose, individual wires can shift in the bundle, leading to difficulty in tracing runs. With cable lacing, you can lash together round, square, or any shape bundle with great security. The wax lets it grip very well so once laced up, it's very solid. It also looks darn cool!
3482249446 4d9709c3ff M3509029261 Be52afea61 M3481437989 143bb44ebc M

Control Panel:

The control panel is made with a piece of antique, solid brass kickplate from a demolished school. It was relatively soft annealed material so working with it was simple and straightforward. Layouts were dykemed and scribed, and holes, radii, and bends were made. The panel meter holes were done with a "fly cutter" on a drill press. A stepped sheet metal drill was used for all panel holes to minimize burrs. Bends were made with the high tech method of clamping two bars of metal and pounding the bend in with a rubber mallet, and fixing and mishapen parts with more application of rubber mallet against the panel on a flat surface.
3434148802 21baea26ff M3434150588 472ae6c8c6 M

One of the last steps was letter punching. I don't have access to an engraver and it would be unbecoming of a project like this, so I resorted to a brass ball peen hammer and some handheld letter punches to stamp out some labels. The control panel has a 7.5A variable autotransformer to control line voltage to the triode plate. There is a master switch labeled "filament" in which turning this off kills all power. Turning this on will juice the filaments only. The slave switch "power" turns on power to the grid itself. A neat looking panel-mounted 3AG fuse holder is used at the bottom near the power input. Up top are two neon indicator lights for filament and power, and the two miniature panel meters monitor line voltage and line current draw. They don't have meters of this diameter (2.5") that come in other useful configurations. Ideally I'd have one to monitor filament voltages but it's fun to crank the variac and make the voltmeter climb!
3433344923 Ef675da917 M3466939077 A5ee26f724 M

With the triode assembly dominating the left quadrant, the control panel balances it by dominating the right quadrant. This gives it an asymmetrical look, which was what I as after. The photos below show what the tesla coil looked like about two weeks back. Progress is much further now but I haven't had a chance to upload photographs.
3434160808 E4d3f923cb M3434156836 16a1434f75 M3434158316 Eeef936069 M

Current specifications of the coil itself:
Secondary coil wire: XXXX turns of 26awg single build magnet wire, dozen layers of polyurethane
Secondary coilform: 3.5" gray PVC conduit, dessicated internal volume sealed with end caps.
Primary coil: 30 turns of 14awg cotton braided, lacquered stranded wire, base winding level with secondary base winding
Primary coilform: 6.275"OD x 12"L sewer/drain rated PVC pipe (not SCH40/80)
Tank capacitor: 1nF 80kV, two 2nF 40kV TDK XXXXXXX RF rated pulse doorknob capacitors in series.
RF Bypass capacitor: 10.6nF 15kV, two 5300pF 15kV Murata RF rated doorknob capacitors in parallel
Voltage doubler capacitor: 2.06uF 2.2kVAC, two 1.03uF 2.2kVAC microwave oven capacitors in parallel
grid leak capacitor: 700pF 8kV mica transmitting
grid leak resistor: three variable resistors in series (set at 3kohm, max of 9kohm)
Voltage doubler rectification: Cetron 3B28 high voltage xenon gas rectifier
High voltage transformer: Samsung 1kW ~2.1kV microwave oven transformer
Variable autotramsformer: Superior Electric Powerstat 7.5A, 0-140VAC
Monitoring: Simpson 2.5"OD 0-150VAC voltmeter, Simpson 2.5"OD 9-15A AC ammeter
Indicators: NOS vintage neon indicator packages w/ integral current limiting resistor.

The entire collection of photos can be viewed here. There will be photographic updates as I go on as well as photos documenting other projects (which will have a simultaneous project thread running with it):
uzzors2k
Sat May 09 2009, 03:04PM
uzzors2k Registered Member #95 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 04:57PM
Awesome. Just awesome. You've definitely captured the steampunk look. When did you start working at it?
J. Aaron Holmes
Sat May 09 2009, 03:17PM
J. Aaron Holmes Registered Member #477 Joined: Tue Jun 20 2006, 11:51PM
Awesome stuff, especially the panel and wiring. The look reminds me a bit of some of my 1920's Leeds and Northrup test gear. Very slick! You and Dr. Plexiglass wink have both ends of the spectrum firmly covered now! When I was contemplating a VTTC, the idea of using a rectifier tube occurred to me as a cool thing to do, so I can't wait to see how it works for you. As it seems you're not far away, let me know if you come into the need for replacements, since I've got NOS mercury and gas rectifiers (3B28's and 866's) coming out my ears! Got them all for free, so I don't mind giving them away for, say, a first-hand look at your coil running?

Can't wait to see some sparks! amazed

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE

Sat May 09 2009, 03:45PM
101111 Registered Member #575 Joined: Sun Mar 11 2007, 04:00AM
This might just become one of the best looking tesla coils there is.
Dalus
Sat May 09 2009, 08:31PM
Dalus Registered Member #639 Joined: Wed Apr 11 2007, 09:09PM
It's the best looking VTTC ever for sure smile Love the style. Though I'm curious to see what you plan to do with the reciever coil.
Sat May 09 2009, 08:36PM
... Registered Member #56 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:02AM
Holy crap that coil is insane! Can't wait to see it finished!
aonomus
Sat May 09 2009, 11:48PM
aonomus Registered Member #1497 Joined: Thu May 22 2008, 05:24AM
That is a work of art... I have to ask where did you even find all the ceramic insulators and cloth covered wire?
Myke
Sun May 10 2009, 12:45AM
Myke Registered Member #540 Joined: Mon Feb 19 2007, 07:49PM
Wow. I really like the style of wiring. Reminds me of the old styles of construction they used for tube instruments. It looks really pretty and has that nice vintage look to it.
Cesiumsponge
Sun May 10 2009, 02:30AM
Cesiumsponge Registered Member #397 Joined: Wed Apr 19 2006, 12:56AM
Thank you for the kind comments so far. If anyone sees something worth criticizing, please don't hesistate to bring it up. I've been working on this tesla coil for about 2-3 months now. The original design work was done about the beginning of this year when my workload dropped and I had excess free time.

I have a bunch of ceramic insulators that I've scrounged and sniped on ebay for several months so it wasn't any particularly lucky find. It just took a lot of work and diligence (and frustration). Sorry if I sniped any of you folks in the process on ebay :) You can also get some free samples from Keystone Electronics Corp but please don't abuse it if you use that route. Companies have a tendency to start shutting down or nerfing sampling services when a ton of people max them out. Worst case scenario is buying from a place like Surplus Sales or similar. I've done this a couple times when it was an oddball size I couldn't find.

The cloth wiring is brand new production wiring with a modern PVC dielectric jacket so I wouldn't have to worry if the insulation was cracked, worn, or dirty. I purchase from Rhode Island Wiring. You can buy by-the-foot with a 10' minimum. This is basically the only place that'll do this. Every other wiring supply house wants you to buy 500' spools because cloth wiring isn't a normal item. Rhode Island Wiring specializes in reproduction cloth wiring and literally have hundreds of combinations in multiple gauges. The power cable wiring was purchased from this ebay seller before I found RI Wire.

I took a few more pictures to update it a little with all the cable bundling that wasn't shown on the previous images. It looks like the insulation in some places pulled back from the terminals after I bundled and wired it up. I'll have to redo them since exposed copper strands look ugly. I don't really want to replace the wire and re-wrap everything. I don't think tugging on the insulation will help in the long run either since it might shrink again. I don't think I left much excess to cut off the terminal and solder on a new one. We'll see.
3516112567 E86b373aee M3516923400 733d5db446 M3516921838 3ab1255004 M

3516107285 B2bd5bd27b M3516917866 Ac8559b5da M3516927656 E8b1b85299 M

Anode cap of the 3B28 sticking through a hole in the upper deck. Two feedthrus--one which is the HV feed from the transformer/doubler and the other leads back down to the lower deck to the RF bypass capacitor assembly. The anode cap also has the last lead feeding the tank capacitor assembly.
3516915748 Ea6b3b5dcd M

Bakelite case, mica capacitor. Rated to 700pF 3kV for the grid leak capacitor unit. I replaced all the steel or nickel-plated hardware with brass.

3516934382 867fbeb301 M

Two sets of ceramic standoffs arranged in a circular pattern. The larger inner pattern provides the four mounts that attach to the phenolic secondary flange. The short feedthru with the copper bus is the RF ground point which feeds through to the lower deck and connects to the protruding tab on the secondary flange ground plane.
3516930158 1136ccba87 M

Here is a close-up of the feedthru to ground the secondary coil. It's just a piece of copper strap bent to a U-shape.
3516932112 6af223c5e3 M

1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: