Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/07 a.gutzeit (63)
05/08 wpk5008 (34)
05/09 Alfons (36)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Submarine engine

Move Thread LAN_403
Andy
Sat Jan 24 2015, 08:14AM
Andy Registered Member #4266 Joined: Fri Dec 16 2011, 03:15AM
Cross between lortnz and hall

1422087254 4266 FT168110 Img 20150124 211322

1422087254 4266 FT168110 Img 20150124 211336

1422087254 4266 FT168110 Img 20150121 163855
mister_rf
Sat Jan 24 2015, 12:05PM
mister_rf Registered Member #4465 Joined: Wed Apr 18 2012, 08:37AM
Andy wrote ...

The parts for this are quite cheap to muck around building it, in a while should have a prototype built and tested.
If anything is wrong with the circuit, wouldn,t mind feedback.

You can’t use this setup. There’s no way to use capacitors for isolation purposes in alternating current circuits.
By the way, try a search for 50nF-100nF/ 30KV capacitors, in order to get some idea about the capacitors volume. cheesey
hen918
Sat Jan 24 2015, 05:50PM
hen918 Registered Member #11591 Joined: Wed Mar 20 2013, 08:20PM
Andy wrote ...

Been spending sometime work out a way to get high volts with a high frequency, trying to find a way that will injuice large current throught the water as that has reached a bottle neck.
The below circuit is driven from main voltage and frequncy, with a h bridge setup to slice the ac up.
For isolation between stages are 30kv 100nf cap network on both plus and minus.
The zeners are rated for 10 volt, the transfomers are pulse types with the values taken from the datasheet, one is 50hz 0.8ohm the other 60khz at 80mohm.

The parts for this are quite cheap to muck around building it, in a while should have a prototype built and tested.
If anything is wrong with the circuit, wouldn,t mind feedback.
1422086016 4266 FT168110 Allmostthere

You cannot isolate the MOSFET grounds from the trigger transformer with 10k resistors. It will have to be directly connected. The capacitors in between the trigger transformers and the gates of the MOSFETs are useless and will probably block the signal, depending on the frequency. There is no reason, as far as I can see, why the trigger transformer cannot be directly connected to the gate and the source of the MOSFET, as this is what they are for.

regards,
Henry
Andy
Sat Jan 24 2015, 06:15PM
Hi, the capactors are to block dc, for the transfomer voltage between windings pri/sec is one kv, if I syack multiable blocks, the voltage for the first block will be 340volt, but after 20 will be 6.8kv, it should be dc and get blocked by the caps rather than short the transfomer, go along the track an short anothe transfomer and then neutrilze.
Thanks about the ground resistor, I think I needed that to get the sim to work, but can you explain why its retaianted.
Cheers
hen918
Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:45AM
hen918 Registered Member #11591 Joined: Wed Mar 20 2013, 08:20PM
Andy wrote ...

Hi, the capactors are to block dc, for the transfomer voltage between windings pri/sec is one kv, if I syack multiable blocks, the voltage for the first block will be 340volt, but after 20 will be 6.8kv, it should be dc and get blocked by the caps rather than short the transfomer, go along the track an short anothe transfomer and then neutrilze.
Thanks about the ground resistor, I think I needed that to get the sim to work, but can you explain why its retaianted.
Cheers

Ahhh, so, if I understand correctly, the transformers are all the same transformer, and each of the secondary windings outputs are taps of of one secondary. That would require blocking caps. However I would still be concerned about feeding the MOSFETs with AC: if you give them too much reverse voltage on the gate they tend to fail. That may be why you needed those resistors (and the zener).

I am still a little confused about the resistors R3 and R7 (the ones on the input mains) they seem rather high value and surplus to requirements.
Andy
Tue Jan 27 2015, 04:11AM
The r3&7 was just to limit the current to 25&50&100mA, it was 6.4kohm, but the sim needed a resistor on the primary of the circuit.
The parts current handling as being updated to high values.
Based on another thread and water has a high constant of about 80 was thing something like below.
Think that magnetic feilds are one million times stronger than electric, that I could use the electric feild produce more power with water coils.
1422331868 4266 FT168110 Img 20150127 170534

Edit thanks about the reverse voltage of mosfets, will put a forward direction diode to limit that.
Silverfox
Fri Jan 30 2015, 03:58AM
Silverfox Registered Member #54012 Joined: Thu Dec 18 2014, 12:46AM
Okay here is a disclaimer- I haven't studied anything on this particular subject so keep that in mind regarding this suggestion.

I do understand a little about what you are trying to do. First, you are going to incur a substantial energy loss in the conversion between linear to rotational energy. Here is a suggestion: There are several schematics floating around for an Oxy-Hydrodgen Torch, which basically breaks down water into the atomic components using microwave RF to assist in the breaking of the molecular bonds. These components are then recombined at the torch tip to create a localized high temperature combustion. Check out some of the videos.

Would it make more sense to try this concept and use the gases generated to run a turbine or could the gases be used to pressurize the water with in injector to create your mass flow? I believe this process either requires a microwave tube or an antenna that emits the microwaves responsible for decreasing the energy required to break the oxy-hydrogen molecular bond. Perhaps passing the water through two electrodes subjected to HF RF would work also.

A big question relates to the energy input equation/balance and the gas generation rate. The circuitry involved however is simple in design and the torch is seemingly economical to operate. Saltwater may also enhance or retard the process.

Fwiw,

Fusionstate.
Andy
Fri Jan 30 2015, 07:54PM
Hi silverfox, was thinking off a ,200mhz tranistor at 5 kv but will piss o many people with rf interference. Looked up water tourchs, but apart from the heat injected will only top 10% eff.got a circuit that should top 100khz and drop in eff after that, but will supply high voltage high current, but will be using dialectic heating type system, but not as heat
BigBad
Fri Jan 30 2015, 09:19PM
BigBad Registered Member #2529 Joined: Thu Dec 10 2009, 02:43AM
This is going to be very, very inefficient.

Fun though.

Turning a turbine with it should be significantly more efficient though; but still awful.

(Electric motors produce relatively little thrust for a given power, but at high enough speed that still represents high mechanical output power- that's why electric motors are nearly always run at high speed and geared down, using a turbine would effectively give you some gearing).

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: