Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
a.gutzeit (63)

Next birthdays
05/07 a.gutzeit (63)
05/08 wpk5008 (34)
05/09 Alfons (36)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Farewell frrom Stella

Move Thread LAN_403
Chris Russell
Fri Oct 31 2014, 05:43PM
Chris Russell ... not Russel!
Registered Member #1 Joined: Thu Jan 26 2006, 12:18AM
Hi all,

Please don't take any absence from me as disrespect. I have a very limited amount of time to spend on 4hv these days. Unfortunately, nearly every time I go to post, approve new members, or make other updates to the site, I discover someone is attempting to hack their way in, DDoS the site, crawl the site to copy all its content, or all other sorts of unpleasant nastiness that I have to sort out first. My number one priority is keeping the site up, though my efforts along those lines are not always visible, except that the site is still here.

I do appreciate the support I get from 4hv members, and I certainly will update the supporters list to reflect that when I'm not busy putting fires out. In the meantime, please be good to one another. I hope it goes without saying that any transphobic attacks brought to my attention will be dealt with, swiftly.
Conundrum
Fri Oct 31 2014, 08:59PM
Conundrum Registered Member #96 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:37PM
Seems that this is a common problem, recently they found yet ANOTHER security hole present in many sites and recommended "if you are using this assume you've been hacked" .. Pretty horrendous.

PM, there are a lot of trolls around, the best way to avoid them is not to let them get you down.
I ran into one a while back and it take a lot of courage but they do eventually crawl back into the woodwork.
Electra
Sun Nov 02 2014, 11:55PM
Electra Registered Member #816 Joined: Sun Jun 03 2007, 07:29PM
Stella

I have seen you have contributed a lot by sharing your knowledge over the years, personally I think that's worth more. If you're no longer able to afford to donate then that's not unreasonable for you to say. Even if you don't always get recognition when you have done, I wouldn't generally conclude that's because your disliked in any way.

It's easy to make connections that don't exist, or because of one bad experience you may have had, you loose faith in everything. When in fact you're as much valued as anyone, and respected for you expertise and ability to help others.

No one can force you hang round, but you have the support of me and plenty of others here.
Ash Small
Mon Nov 03 2014, 01:21PM
Ash Small Registered Member #3414 Joined: Sun Nov 14 2010, 05:05PM
Come on guys, PM has a point here. We all take pride in the 'high' standards maintained by 'our' forum, and Stella has every right to feel 'let down'. If Chris is too busy to attend to such 'details' then he should appoint someone else to keep track of donations, etc. (We owe it to ourselves to uphold the values, etc. that this forum is famous for).

I know how easy it is to get disillusioned when things seem to be going against you online ( I felt I was unreasonably treated on another forum before I discovered 4HV, and felt the whole forum was against me. It wasn't until I chatted to some members who are also members of this forum that I realised things weren't as bad as I'd thought).

If 4HV says people's names will be highlighted when they donate then this should be the case. We're all aware of the pain that can be caused by trolls, and of how easy it is to mis-interpret an 'oversight' as something possibly more sinister when experiencing percieved 'cyber persecution'.
WaveRider
Mon Nov 03 2014, 02:55PM
WaveRider Registered Member #29 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 09:00AM
Dear Proud Mary, aka Stella,
I have been very busy with work and family commitments in the last couple of years, so I have not made many contributions, both financial and technical, to the 4HV community lately..and I regret this. That does not mean that I don't lurk regularly in the forums. I greatly enjoy your bits of wisdom, inspired technical suggestions and occasional grumpiness! After years of reading your posts here, I believe the site would suffer an irreplaceable loss if you decided not to participate in 4HV any longer.

I ask you to reconsider your decision. I think it's fair to say that most (if not all) 4HVers are a pretty tolerant bunch especially when compared to the small minds of the public or the imbeciles that find voices even in national legislatures. That said, we can all make mistakes sometimes and say or do hurtful things to people we care about. The important thing is to stick around and try to discuss what is wrong and find possible solutions (when you feel the moment is right, of course).

Cheers!
Conundrum
Wed Dec 17 2014, 12:47AM
Conundrum Registered Member #96 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:37PM
I second that, Stella has helped me out a lot with projects and obscure components etc.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: