Alfons (36)
Coronafix (51)
AmonRa (44)

Next birthdays
05/11 ramses (16)
05/11 Arcstarter (31)
05/11 Zak (15)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

HV Flyback Bench Top Power Supply for Lab.

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
Proud Mary
Fri Jul 22 2011, 06:23PM
Proud Mary Registered Member #543 Joined: Tue Feb 20 2007, 04:26PM
Patrick wrote ...

Proud Mary wrote ...

Patrick wrote ...

ill try the original primary, but its hard to figure out, there are 8 different pin combinations which reveal 0.3 to 0.6 ohms, and Killa-X and i have no way of knowing the number type.

Are there no numbers on the LOPTs that we could cross-reference in the HR Diemen catalogue?

From PM, Killa-X :

"I wont know anymore about them than you would, seeing i bought them on ebay as a "Factory Outlet" meaning, my spend on 24, all 24 could have been dead. they are all rejects for whatever reason. At least, thats what the seller claims. All 24 do work. I only had 3 that came shipped with 100% smashed cores.

I have tried searching the info on them with whats listed and found nothing sadly. Says TCE 70234 Feb 205 2:01

then theres a ba code. My phone says its:

70234509789660 which brings nothing on google."

My label says :

2G25023 A1A
TCE 35.0 Kv
RXE

I'll have a look for you later, but right now I have to make some Wiener schnitzels.
Patrick
Fri Jul 22 2011, 06:26PM
Patrick Registered Member #2431 Joined: Tue Oct 13 2009, 09:47PM

1311359100 2431 FT1630 Flybacknumbers
Label on flyback, I wonder if thats a ZERO or "O"...

2G25023 A1A
TCE 35.0 Kv
RXE

Second label says : TCE 70234 then date code 2005 02:10, (definately zeros).
Patrick
Fri Jul 22 2011, 06:39PM
Im thinking its this one:

1311359943 2431 FT120576 Hr6329
2G25023 A1A, but remember Proud Mary i only have about 57 Volts at 4 amps available, im thinking pin 6 and pin 8.
(20 - 85 = 65v)

It sure seems to be the right one, Pin 7 is the Ground im using.

EDIT: what does the text block at the bottom mean?
Proud Mary
Fri Jul 22 2011, 08:40PM
Patrick wrote ...

It refers to readings on the HR Diemen Simulator STVDST-01 test set for 15 kHz diode split transformers (DST)

Link2

MAT is certainly the ouput voltage in kV, but I'm not confident about the other values - "+" may be the output current in mA, which would make this into an LOPT of prodigious size.

I have to do the dishes now, but will look in again later.

Patrick
Fri Jul 22 2011, 08:50PM
Proud Mary wrote ...

I have to do the dishes now, but will look in again later.
How were the dogs?

After doing some math i believe im putting in 300W (AC input), and getting 181W out (at the arc) which is 60% eff. I think thats credible, im sure if i reduce the magnitizing current by using the internal primary i could up the efficiency and output power with no increase in input power.

Ill need to verify all this with an HV resistive divider which im building now.
Patrick
Fri Jul 22 2011, 08:57PM
EDIT: Crap, I double posted.

Proud Mary wrote ...

Patrick wrote ...

It refers to readings on the HR Diemen Simulator STVDST-01 test set for 15 kHz diode split transformers (DST)

MAT is certainly the ouput voltage in kV, but I'm not confident about the other values

MAT = 46kV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wholly--chit !!!!!!!!!!!
Proud Mary
Fri Jul 22 2011, 09:47PM
Dönberg are listing HR 6329 as the HR equivalent of 2G25023, though I see HR Diemen itself has dropped it from their product list - only to be expected as CRTs fade from the TV and monitor retail sector.

I've never seen an LOPT with these specs, and it's unusual that there is no focus output after the first diode up from Earth.

Someone else has stuck on that 35 kV sticker - I've seen plenty of HR LOPTs and the voltage is never stated on the outside - BUT - it is possible that it may have been done to meet some national (US?) safety certification scheme. Anyway, it's a lower figure than the datasheet MAT.

Look at the voltage on the primary auto tap - 850 Vpp. Never seen the likes of it, Patrick, but I'm sure that some of our resident flyback enthusiasts (not me!) will be able to tell you all about it. smile
Patrick
Fri Jul 22 2011, 09:51PM
Proud Mary wrote ...

Dönberg are listing HR 6329 as the HR equivalent of 2G25023, though I see HR Diemen itself has dropped it from their product list - only to be expected as CRTs fade from the TV and monitor retail sector.

I've never seen an LOPT with these specs, and it's unusual that there is no focus output after the first diode up from Earth.

Someone else has stuck on that 35 kV sticker - I've seen plenty of HR LOPTs and the voltage is never stated on the outside - BUT - it is possible that it may have been done to meet some national (US?) safety certification scheme. Anyway, it's a lower figure than the datasheet MAT.

Look at the voltage on the primary auto tap - 850 Vpp. Never seen the likes of it, Patrick, but I'm sure that some of our resident flyback enthusiasts (not me!) will be able to tell you all about it. smile
Yep, ok ill wait for the oppinions to come pouring in...
What do you think of me using the pins 6 and 8 as my 65 V primary?

On a seperate note, ill be using my Russian HV resistors for the divider, two 25 kv ones, so 46Kv at 70W, into reistors meant for 4 watts total, i hope this is ok for 1 to 3 seconds at a time? ill have them in oil of course.

PS. its the biggest Flyback ive seen in quite a while, about 11 years ago i ran into one almost as big from the largest CRT TV my family ever bought. So it must be a real piggie, its the size of a potato!
Killa-X
Fri Jul 22 2011, 10:04PM
Killa-X Registered Member #1643 Joined: Mon Aug 18 2008, 06:10PM
Hopefully you get things figured with the pins. I have always ran them from the core, never the internal windings. But good luck! I have a flyback from a rear projection screen that is 2X the size of these, with a voltage multiplier. However, it has horrible arcs because the pins are too close and flash over.
Proud Mary
Fri Jul 22 2011, 10:11PM
Patrick wrote ...

On a seperate note, ill be using my Russian HV resistors for the divider, two 25 kv ones, so 46Kv at 70W, into reistors meant for 4 watts total, i hope this is ok for 1 to 3 seconds at a time? ill have them in oil of course.

Are these 1GΩ each ?
 1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: