Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Dreams

first  3 4 5 6 
Move Thread LAN_403
Steve Conner
Sat May 13 2006, 04:30PM
Steve Conner Registered Member #30 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 10:52AM
EVR: Was it even more fantastic than getting laid by a real woman? tongue

Aahz: I know this is going to sound bizarre, but can you do me a favour? Can you read the transcripts of those two crazy dreams with the floating dead trees and stuff out loud, record it, and send an MP3? I have a big electronic gig coming up Link2 and I'm looking for weird stuff to drop into the mix.
Alex
Sat May 13 2006, 07:48PM
Alex Geometrically Frustrated
Registered Member #6 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 04:18AM
Steve Conner wrote ...

Aahz: I know this is going to sound bizarre, but can you do me a favour? Can you read the transcripts of those two crazy dreams with the floating dead trees and stuff out loud, record it, and send an MP3? I have a big electronic gig coming up Link2 and I'm looking for weird stuff to drop into the mix.
Reminds me of Dreamcatcher by Attrition. The link takes you to an mp3 of the song, found on the band's site, attrition.co.uk. It's not quite the same as what you're doing, but... yeah.
Part Scavenger
Sun May 14 2006, 01:08AM
Part Scavenger Registered Member #79 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 11:35AM
Speaking of being in computers/computers in dreams. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out (all four at once) they precribed some pain medication for me, and I don't respond well to any kind of pain medication I can think of. They make me so nauseated I usually just go with the pain instead. Anyway, I'd been playing Halo ALL DAY because that was all I could manage, and when they gave me the medication I passed out. While I was passed out, I was playing Halo, the best it's ever felt. Everything was real, you could see 360 deg, smell, feel the plasma grenades in your hand, it was awesome! I swear if I had not been weak, I'd have melee'd my dad when he woke me. I guess that's as close to a lucid dream as I've ever had.

As far as physical goes, I've had the weak feeling too. I think it has to do with I'm under the covers? Also, I've had several dreams where I'm all freaked out because I can hardly open my eyes.
Chris Russell
Sun May 14 2006, 02:34AM
Chris Russell ... not Russel!
Registered Member #1 Joined: Thu Jan 26 2006, 12:18AM
Strange dreams, hmm.

I have one recurring dream in which I look into a mirror, and I see my reflection. Then, the lights in the room go out, but the reflection is still visible. I realize the mirror is actually a doorway of some kind, and my reflection ripples away, and something terrible from the "other side" is looking at me. It looks like a person, turned inside out. I see blood, veins, bits of skull... it screams at me... a horrible sound, I am not sure if it wants to kill me, or if it is in terrible agony, probably both... and I can't move. It screams again, so loud that I know I must be going deaf, and I generally wake up at that point.
HV Enthusiast
Sun May 14 2006, 03:19AM
HV Enthusiast Registered Member #15 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 01:11PM
Speaking of dreams . . .

Anyone (mostly us old folks out there) remember the 1984 classic movie, "Dreamscape?"

Classic 80's movie with horrific special effects (remember that lizard creature), and an ALL-STAR cast including
Eddie Albert, Kate Capshaw, Dennis Quaid, Max von Sidow, and David Kelley, who was the butt of Arnold's Swarzengegger's famous line from Commando, "I let him go."

If you haven't seen this one, go to the VHS section of your local video store and rent it!!! You won't be disapointed!
EEYORE
Sun May 14 2006, 03:41AM
EEYORE Registered Member #99 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:10PM
Chris Russell wrote ...

Strange dreams, hmm.

I have one recurring dream in which I look into a mirror, and I see my reflection. Then, the lights in the room go out, but the reflection is still visible. I realize the mirror is actually a doorway of some kind, and my reflection ripples away, and something terrible from the "other side" is looking at me. It looks like a person, turned inside out. I see blood, veins, bits of skull... it screams at me... a horrible sound, I am not sure if it wants to kill me, or if it is in terrible agony, probably both... and I can't move. It screams again, so loud that I know I must be going deaf, and I generally wake up at that point.
Jeeze man!Thats freaky!Now ill bet ill have a dream like that tonight tongue
Most my dreams see m to be lucid dreams, thus leaving my feeling exhausted when i awake. Once i hurt myself by kicking someones head off(used to be a punter) when i was actually kickng the wall!I woke up with a black and blue foot!

Matt
Alex
Sun May 14 2006, 04:00AM
Alex Geometrically Frustrated
Registered Member #6 Joined: Thu Feb 02 2006, 04:18AM
Part Scavenger wrote ...
As far as physical goes, I've had the weak feeling too. I think it has to do with I'm under the covers? Also, I've had several dreams where I'm all freaked out because I can hardly open my eyes.
Covers, hmm, maybe that's it. I hate the eye thing, it pisses me off. There's nothing like waking up tired.
Dr. Dark Current
Sun May 14 2006, 08:45PM
Dr. Dark Current Registered Member #152 Joined: Sun Feb 12 2006, 03:36PM
I used to be in a dreadful state where I dreamed with open eyes, what I saw blended with the dream and didn't know what is reality, but the most scary thing was that I was not able to move any part of my body! suprised It took usually big endeavour to actually escape from this state...
Heiders
Mon May 15 2006, 11:05PM
Heiders Registered Member #268 Joined: Tue Feb 28 2006, 02:44AM
In addition to talking and drooling (but not walking) in my sleep, I have been told I touch myself. Don't remember either the dream or getting any pleasure out of it.

Sorry if thats TMI...
ragnar
Tue May 16 2006, 12:03AM
ragnar Registered Member #63 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:18AM
Ya, I'm also a notorious sleep-babbler. Nothing sensible though.. my words are too fuxored to understand.
first  3 4 5 6 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: