Genesis (27)
UbuntuNinja (29)
ZakWolf (29)

Next birthdays
06/07 Dr. H. (35)
06/08 Elecric eng (37)
06/08 AndreiRS (35)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: High Voltage
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Transformer questions.

first  2 3 4 5
Move Thread LAN_403
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Sat Apr 08 2006, 07:41AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
S.R.

Everyone is trying to tell you that you just don't have enough experience yet with the SMALL stuff to graduate to what you want to do. And if you have don't have this experience with small accidents that you can walk away from, then what you have is a big accident that you cannot.

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots"

These are words to live by, and in the utmost seriousness in your case. What you wanted to do is the equavilent of cave diving without a flashlight. HV of any sort is no toy, flybacks included.
Steve Conner
Sat Apr 08 2006, 03:14PM
Steve Conner Registered Member #30 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 10:52AM
streamers rule: For goodness' sake. If your mom won't let you go hunting for MOTs, do you think she'll let you buy three pole transformers and wire them up to your house's electrical supply? I agree with the opinions of the other members:

You're either going to do this or you're not.

If you are going to do it, you're an accident waiting to happen, because you obviously don't know much about electrical engineering at all. (I see from your other threads that you have trouble figuring out how to open an iPod. The average 4hv member would have it apart in 3 minutes, and rebuilt as a Linux-powered killer robot in another half hour.)

If you're not going to do it, then you're just BSing to make yourself look important and smart, which is just as annoying. (In fairness, most 4hv members probably BS about projects they'll never do, but they do it a lot more convincingly than you. The trick is to buy the parts for your project first, post a blurry photo of them, and then leave them lying in your garage for the next 12 years.)

The next post had better be by streamers rule with a schematic and full description of his omg 30,000 watt jacobs ladder including all required safety equipment, or it's getting locked.
ragnar
Sat Apr 08 2006, 03:30PM
ragnar Registered Member #63 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 06:18AM

Steve, for the specific purpose of causing this thread to get locked, I'm going to have to say that you overestimate the average 4HVer these days. frown

Steve Conner
Sat Apr 08 2006, 03:42PM
Nah, that's too easy. I've taken on board everyone's comments but I want to give streamers rule a chance to take them on board too. If he ever does get pole transformers, I'd rather read about it here than as a "Human Fireball" story in the local paper. Show me that schematic, and no ASCII art :P
Sat Apr 08 2006, 04:46PM
Registered Member #256 Joined:
i can agree with that SD i see where you are coming from, i am asking questions so i will be ready but i dunno im ;ikely going to try and go solid state then get into these
Steve Conner
Sat Apr 08 2006, 05:39PM
first  2 3 4 5

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: