Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: High Voltage
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

ignition coil- Ac- DC

1 2 3 4 
Move Thread LAN_403
Dr. Shark
Sun Mar 12 2006, 06:20PM
Dr. Shark Registered Member #75 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 09:30AM
Do we really want to help Omicron remove himself from the gene-pool? Well, maybe we do, but he might endanger others, so we better don't.

Really, I don't think someone who needs to ask basic questions like this should be allowed anywhere near x-rays.
I am kind of surprised I am the first one to say this...
Michael W.
Sun Mar 12 2006, 06:26PM
Michael W. Registered Member #50 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 04:07AM
I second that....
Omicron
Sun Mar 12 2006, 06:52PM
Omicron Registered Member #131 Joined: Fri Feb 10 2006, 09:25PM
I have studied radiology for years, I am building a safe chamber for the tube and I have worked with all types of radiation. I know of the dangers I however have worked only on and off with HV. Please do not go off topic when this thread is about recifing ignition coils.

Ok
So I need
2 Ignition coils
2 drivers
and
X Ray tubes

Leave this thread open so I can report back after I have a driver built.

Has any one on this board built a X ray Machine before?
Steve Conner
Sun Mar 12 2006, 08:25PM
Steve Conner Registered Member #30 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 10:52AM
Yes, several 4hv members have built X-ray machines using either HV rectifier tubes or real X-ray tubes, and taken successful X-ray photographs of things. c4r0 is one of them, I forget the others.

joe doh and ForceLabs: Safety is the experimenter's own problem, and 4hv just assumes you know what you are doing and disclaims all responsibility for anything bad that happens to you. If we started giving safety advice and it turned out to be wrong, we would end up in more trouble than if we never gave any advice at all. If you don't know about electrical safety, you shouldn't be doing high voltage experiments, period.

The moderating team are keeping an eye on Omicron, but it's more on account of his attitude than any concern for his safety wink Omicron, how many years did you study radiology, and where? Tell us what precautions should be taken when using X-ray equipment.
Omicron
Sun Mar 12 2006, 08:40PM
I did not go to a school to study radiology. I took at home classes and videos so I would not have to pay large sums of $$$$. For those of you who are wondering about safety I have a safe place to do it, my basement is huge amounts of concrete and there is going to be very thick shielding to protect me. I will not be X- raying my self and the tubes don’t even out put that much. What wrong with my attitude. Just PM me for that and I will try to correct it.
vasil
Sun Mar 12 2006, 08:44PM
vasil Registered Member #229 Joined: Tue Feb 21 2006, 07:33PM
Take easy guys, we offer only technical advice, we dont want to implicate too much in Omicron experiments (only if he let us). I doubt that a tube fed with an ignition coil can make much injury for shorter exposure. Don't get dramatic.
Omicron
Sun Mar 12 2006, 09:01PM
vasil wrote ...

Take easy guys, we offer only technical advice, we dont want to implicate too much in Omicron experiments (only if he let us). I doubt that a tube fed with an ignition coil can make much injury for shorter exposure. Don't get dramatic.

Thank you for that, that’s why I am using one and there not even real X-ray tubes they are just El cheapo HV recifer tubes. Vasil It’s not the big exposures that kill you its lots of small ones.
G^3
Mon Mar 20 2006, 07:02PM
G^3 Registered Member #97 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:40PM
You don't need two drivers you only need two ignition coils in antiparallel. I did this with the classic light dimmer circuit and I could get 2+ inch sparks which should be 40KV. Use the old style can type ignition coils they work better, atleast for me. I also covered the inputs in GOOP and it stopped it from arcing over. I rectified it with around 100 1n4007s in series and had no problem. They were a pain to solder, but once you start and get a pattern going it is quick.
Omicron
Mon Mar 20 2006, 09:26PM
Okay I will try that, just to make a small Jacob’s ladder or something. The X-ray project has been canceled due to safety. I give a heart felt thanks to all who told me it would be a unsafe project. You may have saved my life. cry
vasil
Mon Mar 20 2006, 10:13PM
vasil Registered Member #229 Joined: Tue Feb 21 2006, 07:33PM
From the X-project to a simple jacob ladder? You gave up too soon Omicron.
 1 2 3 4 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: