All today's birthdays', congrats!
Matthew T. (35)
Amrit Deshmukh (60)

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Tesla Coils
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Cambridge Teslathon 2007

1 2 
Move Thread LAN_403
Steve Conner
Fri Sept 07 2007, 08:55AM Print
Steve Conner Registered Member #30 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 10:52AM
Hi all,

This year's Cambridge Teslathon is on the 27th of October at the Cambridge Museum Of Technology Link2

There should be arcs and sparks aplenty, and rumours of an appearance by Tim Hunkin of "Secret Life Of Machines" fame, though this is not confirmed. The museum will be running its collection of engines too. The Teslathon is open to the public, though it's a separate event to the museum open day.

I'm planning to turn up with at least some kind of high voltage gear, though I'm not sure exactly what yet.

(note to international readers, that's Cambridge, England - not Cambridge, Ma.)
Wolfram
Fri Sept 07 2007, 10:38AM
Wolfram Registered Member #33 Joined: Sat Feb 04 2006, 01:31PM
I've already ordered plane tickets. Doesn't look like I'll be able to bring any equipment though, at least not with the current airport security paranoia.
Munkey
Fri Sept 07 2007, 04:37PM
Munkey Registered Member #588 Joined: Sat Mar 17 2007, 11:06AM
Yay, I'm glad this turned up, the biggest spark I've seen in real life is 3cm, So ill be impressed to say the least!
Anyway my question is, does admission cost? I won't be bringing any equipment (ill be laughed at)
Marko
Sat Sept 08 2007, 12:29AM
Marko Registered Member #89 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 02:40PM
Steve Conner wrote ...

Hi all,

This year's Cambridge Teslathon is on the 27th of October at the Cambridge Museum Of Technology Link2

There should be arcs and sparks aplenty, and rumours of an appearance by Tim Hunkin of "Secret Life Of Machines" fame, though this is not confirmed. The museum will be running its collection of engines too. The Teslathon is open to the public, though it's a separate event to the museum open day.

I'm planning to turn up with at least some kind of high voltage gear, though I'm not sure exactly what yet.

(note to international readers, that's Cambridge, England - not Cambridge, Ma.)

You guys have no idea how much I envy you. I's ironic - no things like teslathons in Tesla's own homeland, and so few people actually showing interest.

I can't even imagine myself participating in something like that with you guys, and huh, my english sucks.

Apart from that, it's awesome to see you back into high voltage Steve. To bad odin won't be in the show :(
thedatastream
Sat Sept 08 2007, 07:20PM
thedatastream Registered Member #505 Joined: Sun Nov 19 2006, 06:42PM
Bacon wrote ...

Yay, I'm glad this turned up, the biggest spark I've seen in real life is 3cm, So ill be impressed to say the least!
Anyway my question is, does admission cost? I won't be bringing any equipment (ill be laughed at)

You won't be laughed at. My first Teslathon where I displayed something I got 5" and a bang from one coil and 1" and a bang from the other. Still had a great time!

I might be coming with my DRSSTC, Stubby and possibly another... This is all depenant on the weekend not falling in or around a 2 week trip to a factory in China :( :( :(
Munkey
Sat Sept 08 2007, 07:56PM
Munkey Registered Member #588 Joined: Sat Mar 17 2007, 11:06AM
thedatastream wrote ...

You won't be laughed at. My first Teslathon where I displayed something I got 5" and a bang from one coil and 1" and a bang from the other. Still had a great time!
Mine is a flyback driven SGTC, I call it the SSPSSGTC (Solid State Power Supply Spark Gap Tesla coil cheesey ) It gives out 2cm corona that is not that visible in daylight.
I don't have any guts to do anything, I like to sit in the shadows. It would be a great step for me to talk to one of you guys. Thats the other reason that I don't want to bring it. frown
Dr. Slack
Mon Oct 15 2007, 07:29AM
Dr. Slack Registered Member #72 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 08:29AM
On the Museum's web site they list both Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th. Are both days operating, or have they not been talking to the organisers.

They've also got it listed as 2008, I hope that doesn't put anybody off!
Steve Conner
Mon Oct 15 2007, 10:03AM
Yes, both days will be operating.
Steve Conner
Tue Oct 16 2007, 02:56PM
Oh noes! I've just found out that I'm due to get my impacted wisdom teeth taken out on the 26th. I'm not going to be in the mood for travelling the next day! So I'm going to have to call off my appearance at Cambridge.
Finn Hammer
Tue Oct 23 2007, 05:51PM
Finn Hammer Registered Member #205 Joined: Sat Feb 18 2006, 11:59AM
All,

Daniel and I have just ordered tickets with the ferry Esbjerg_Harwich, so we will both be attending the Cambridge teslathon.

We had hoped to have a functioning CCPS to show, but instead we will probably bring a Musical Tesla Coil system. Can`t stuff all 6 coils in the LUPO 3L, probably only a single one. Hope someone will play it from the keyboard, because I have lost all my MIDI sound files in a HD crash.

If anyone local to Cambridge reads this, we would appreciate if you can recommend a reasonable priced place to spend a couple of nights.

Cheers, Finn hammer
1 2 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: