Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
a.gutzeit (63)

Next birthdays
05/08 wpk5008 (34)
05/09 Alfons (36)
05/09 Coronafix (51)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

resonance energy storage experiment

1 2 3 4 
Move Thread LAN_403
Plasma
Tue Aug 20 2019, 08:41PM
Plasma Registered Member #61406 Joined: Thu Jan 05 2017, 11:31PM
Found a halogen bulb from one of the scrap microwave ovens.

At resonance it is quite dim, moving away it lights up abit, then dims thought away. I'm guessing at resonance the tank stops a lot of current, when it moves away it allows more, but the series then become resistance, even further, the series dominates.

Conundrum
Fri Aug 23 2019, 04:49AM
Conundrum Registered Member #96 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:37PM
What parts did you need??
Plasma
Sat Aug 24 2019, 04:27AM
It changes :) I can get what I need, just not all at once.

The bulb is 240V 180Ohm, connected along one it lights up around resonance, higher or lower it goes out, its a light red colour, I'm guessing 10V.
I think if I get a 12V bulb I can add resistance to get a ballpark of the voltages. Order one more stage, see if it brightens the bulb, otherwise back to square one. At least I know my DMM can't detect AC above 40khz.
Plasma
Wed Aug 28 2019, 03:59AM
Making the series part uneven worked, connected from the right side as ground then measured to the top of all three tank circuit, makes the bulb light up the same. Just realized that the voltages are across the inductor or capacitor not across both. Its powered by 18V 200mA, I think most of the power makes it to the bulb?
I think this will be the way to go, and just increase the power supply up to 240V, connect the grounds to the left side double the brightness on the right side tank, but the other two were dimmer.

Plasma
Fri Nov 08 2019, 09:59PM
Built a bridge with a Ne555 driving it at 45khz when tested by it self, with the bridge connected it reads 331khz at 2.8v, the 555 was 6.8vdc. No components gets hot and a 10ohm resistive load on the Ac cables drops the volts to 2.6vac.
Not sure why the frequency got screwed .

Done some testing, each stage increases in voltage and the circulated current increases. Its at 45.6khz with resonance at 49.5khz which might explain low increases, open circuit on the AC leads is 2.8v with the storage goes to 3.67v but has gone up to 6v for 1&5 thinking the bridge design isn't that good or stable.

Plasma
Tue Nov 12 2019, 02:30PM
I added some resistor's to the 555 to increase the frequency to 49.1khz, the open circuit voltage from the bridge is 3.5acv, measuring from the storage part ground to the top of all three tanks shows 3.3acv.
If the series parts were just capacitor or inductors, it would form a voltage divider , with capacitor plus inductor out of resonance forms a voltage divider, but when the frequency is close enough they see the same voltage level.
Desoldering one leg of a tank, and measuring the current gets 13mA, I'm guessing circulation current, or the current through one of the elements.

Got to workout why the bridge is powered by 18v 200mA supply, but the output is only 3.5v

Store
Plasma
Sun Nov 24 2019, 05:15AM

Built a H bridge like the one recommended by Suleiman's. Try it on a tank circuit with a bridge recifer, adjusting the frequency from 20-80khz the voltage stays about the we, but measuring Ac current, closer to resonance it draws 140mA but drops to 10mA at around 20khz. I didn't think it worked like that?

Check a series circuit the voltage is about 6V, but there is no current as high as MA at any frequency.
Plasma
Mon Nov 25 2019, 03:05AM
Made a error in the last post, turning anti clockwise moves it away from resonance, increasing the current draw, and lower clockwise. The volts for the series circuit didn't change much.
With out any load the DMM measured between 200-300mA with 100mA between each P fet leg and 200mA for the Schmitt trigger makes 700mA about half of the power supply, might explain the 5V open circuit on the bridge.
Plasma
Tue Nov 26 2019, 04:02AM
These are some tests I did, I will duplicate them with a larger current supply ,it should help the series circuit, there's less of a voltage drop at 47khz, which I think will be more reliable than measuring the current to find resonance.

Measuring the line current at resonance got 14mA with about 3vac, the impence of the tank is 14^2/1 =196Rp
3Vac/196Rp =0.015mA
Circulation current
3vac/14Xl =200mA
With a Q of 14.
Connected a 1ohm resistor in series with the inductor, a measured the current across the resistor it was 7mA, if the DMM leads are 1 ohm it should be about right.

To get 5A will need 66V , the 5A is max for the inductor.

Plasma
Wed Nov 27 2019, 05:01PM
Changed the design from what I had, the series circuit was too high impendence. It now is a chain of bandpass filters, have just one tank the current drawn was between 17-130mA but mainly low values, after each stage added it still topped out at 130mA but they average high values.
 1 2 3 4 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: