ramses (16)
Arcstarter (31)
Zak (15)

Next birthdays
05/12 Colin 99 (53)
05/14 hvguy (41)
05/14 thehappyelectron (14)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Tesla Coils
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

force lightning with tesla coil

1 2 
Move Thread LAN_403
KUN
Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:10AM Print
KUN Registered Member #61824 Joined: Mon Oct 02 2017, 05:38PM
Hi i found some videos on yt where a guy shoots lightning out of his fingers, so i was wondering how do i do it with my tesla coil. I have around 20 cm arcs output, is that enough to make them come out of my fingers and how do i do it? Something like this: Link2
Doodlebug
Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:42AM
Doodlebug Registered Member #62084 Joined: Wed Jan 10 2018, 09:04AM
How long will it before he gets some internal problem with some part of his body?

KUN
Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:52AM
Oh, didnt tought about that, i assumed it is quite safe. My coil is only 150 wats, so i guess its not a big deal.
KUN
Wed Mar 28 2018, 06:14PM
Ok so i i just need to put some metal plate that is not grounded(not touching floor) and stand on it while it is connected to teslacoil output. Would that be it? And do i need to make my mmc biger as a will act as a capacitor, moving the resonant frequency away from where it is now?
paulj
Wed Mar 28 2018, 07:39PM
paulj Registered Member #59353 Joined: Sun Apr 17 2016, 02:08PM
Hello,

150 w is enough to hurt you...

the voltage deadly is from 48v

at 50hz, 30ma can kill!

Even if isolated from the ground, the experiment is dangerous, a sgtc has no regulation of current, the number of ampere is higher than what people imagine, by touching the ground, it risks a strong discharge, it n There is no Faraday cage to protect his body.

If he had used a higher power coil, those fingers could have burned.

ps: Caution, what I will say is no confirmed!

When a current passes through the human body, resistance decreases with time, so it is possible to feel a strong pain by touching the two terminals of a car battery after a while ... (probably several hours)
KUN
Wed Mar 28 2018, 08:34PM
A ok, i guess u are right, my coil is powered by flyback zvs driver. I got shocked many times by its output and i am still alive. I even accidentally touched mmc while fully charged, it was a nasty shock but i guess not enough amps to kill. As for the coil it is small coill, lets say it outputs 200000 volts, the current must be verry little, say like 1 mA. And that is still far from lethal amount.
paulj
Fri Mar 30 2018, 05:45PM
Hello,

it's an interesting question

electrification depends on many factors, voltage, current, contact time, frequency, humidity and others that I do not know ...

In addition everybody does not react in the same way (the body is a resistance), you had a disagreeable shock with the MMC, but another person could have reacted very badly.

For example a plasma ball, it releases high voltage, (20kv minimum, and a low current + a high frequency oscillation of several MHZ higher than your sgtc, and for more security, a low power supply (battery, power supply sector of some watt).
but even for these gadgets there is a risk (pacemaker)

you touched the MMC; OK (a capacitor releases DC current, requires a longer contact, than a simple implosion discharge),

you have not had anything serious, but what proves to you that the next time it will be the same?

What I want to say in conclusion is that when the risk is not mastered, it is not recommended to try it.

if you really want to limit the risk, take a mesh suit that is used by electrical technicians, but not by bare hands;)

if there is a health professional on the forum, I will be interested to know his opinion.

Paul
medved
Fri Mar 30 2018, 09:28PM
medved Registered Member #4338 Joined: Sun Jan 15 2012, 10:19AM
Hi,
I don't recommend used SGTC on this experiment (!)... SSTC or VTTC are OK, but in pulsed mode (not to burn the skin).. of course not interrupter in tens or hundreds of Hz, no burst mod, here are pure pulses from VTTC with GU5B. Primary LC on TC must by retuned for human topload... and no wooden chair/table amazed

for example (it's me):
video: Link2
photo: Link2
web: Link2
paulj
Sat Mar 31 2018, 04:36AM
you can leave your hand long time to the ground? amazed tongue
medved
Sat Mar 31 2018, 06:36AM
medved Registered Member #4338 Joined: Sun Jan 15 2012, 10:19AM
haha.. no.. cheesey the direct grounded discharge from the hand is unpleasant.. it moves the muscles, but only in the hand and feet, but the discharge to the plasma ball and the argon bottle on the bed is not a direct grounding, that's still ok

the question however is how it will be perceived by another person .. I know what I can afford

edit: see this Link2 amazed
1 2 

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: