Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Projects
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

My Latest project TARDIS Tesla

Move Thread LAN_403
CamDAX
Wed Mar 20 2013, 05:23AM Print
CamDAX Registered Member #4462 Joined: Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:34AM
Hi everyone

I though you would all like to hear about my latest project TARDIS Tesla. I am trying to broaden the spectrum of possibility for uses for Tesla Coils.

TARDIS Tesla is a lightning performance/game involving two large tesla coils, a replica TARDIS, and sonic screwdriver TV remotes. The way it works is there are two players each with a sonic screwdriver that they use to play a game of Bulls and Cows These sonic screwdrivers have accelerometers in them that detects movement like up, down, left, right, ect. The players move their screwdriver to input a sequence of commands assigned to each movement. Each screwdriver has a corresponding coil it controls via a computer program and arduinos. The Two Players (or companions) demonstrate their ability to use a sonic screwdriver to gain access to the TARDIS. Whenever they enter in part of the combo, their corresponding coil fires a bolt of lightning at the TARDIS. If it's correct, the bolt sounds like a sonic screwdriver and if it's incorrect sounds like an error beep. Who ever wins gets to pick a song to play on the coils.

For a prototype video goto http://youtu.be/R0A1ZzK6xNg.

If you have a facebook I need you're help from March 19-21 Please vote for TARDIS Tesla in the Go Fund Me Makeathon at http://www.gofundme.com/makeathon First Place is $5,000!

Also you can help out by donating at http://www.gofundme.com/TARDIS-Tesla, plus there are some epic rewards like a "Don't Mess With Geeks"
"We Have Tesla Coils!" T-Shirt featuring a photo of my Audio Modulated Solid State Tesla Coil
Lastly updates can be found at http://CamDAX.com.

[img]http://camdax.dyndns-free.com/Photos/ products/Don't%20mess%20with% 20Geeks...front.jpg[img]
20CapacitorsMAIL
Variac Foot Comparison2
CamDAX
Fri Mar 22 2013, 08:09PM
The GoFundMe Makeathon ended, we came in 4th place that means we didn't win any money. But we sure got some traffic to our funding page. Hopefully we reach our $4,000 goal in the next few weeks.
CamDAX
Thu Mar 28 2013, 04:41PM
We have received the coil driver PCBs from our Arc Attack friend Steve Ward. We also ordered the components for both boards so we can get working on assembling them. After that it's all coiling, wiring, hardware, & wood working. Then it is onto TARDIS building and making the electronics for the game work.

Mf Bayarea Seeus 150x60
http://makerfaire.com/

Hopefully we can build TARDIS Tesla and get it funded in 7 weeks!

http://www.gofundme.com/TARDIS-Tesla

Note: Please Donate and/or get someone you know to donate some money and let people know they can donate. We need the help!
Katya
Wed Apr 10 2013, 01:28AM
Katya Registered Member #9020 Joined: Wed Dec 26 2012, 12:11AM
Are you planning to build the TARDIS as a Faraday cage so that you might have a companion "trapped" inside the TARDIS egging on the doctors?
CamDAX
Thu Apr 11 2013, 06:57AM
Katya wrote ...

Are you planning to build the TARDIS as a Faraday cage so that you might have a companion "trapped" inside the TARDIS egging on the doctors?

Thats a good idea! It's actually the companion attempting to gain access to the TARDIS but maybe the doctor is trapped inside because a bad TARDIS has taken over the good TARDIS.

Thanks for the idea

TARDIS Tesla is in a new contest! The Road to Maker Faire, the prize is $2,500. please goto http://goo.gl/eGqbP click vote and to make sure you voted refresh the page and it should say "I voted".

You can vote ONCE PER DAY per facebook!!
CamDAX
Tue Apr 16 2013, 04:42PM
Voting has now ended for the Road to Maker Faire. It's up to the judges to figure out who is the winner. Now we just gotta cross our fingers and I'll hold my breath until April 29 to find out!

Boards1

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: