All today's birthdays', congrats!
Adam Munich (30)
Alfredo Texacca (60)

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: Sale and Trade
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Stuff for sale/trade

Move Thread LAN_403
Philcogrump
Tue Jun 27 2006, 05:39AM Print
Philcogrump Registered Member #212 Joined: Sun Feb 19 2006, 05:42PM
I'm cleaning out some junk that some of you folks might be interested in:

HeathKit 10-12 scope[/u] - I used this scope for various experiments with video. Did a couple of rewiring on this scope, but I believe it still works. Also it comes with a Z-axis. CRT is 5" type, 5BP1 or 5UP1 (can't remember). CRT could be used in a scope clock or whatever. SOLD

Box of eight 807 tubes - some are used, some untested. $10 OBO (or best offer) SOLD

Box of other tubes for $15 OBO SOLD

Blue plastic box full of high voltage? (solid state) rectifiers and other low voltage high current ones. Most of the rectifiers looks similar to a thin doorknob capacitor with two screw terminals on the ends. Not sure if they're rated for high voltages or just high currents. FREE for cost of postage.

CRTs - I have four to offer, two are 1808? CRTs (3") which probably were used in some sort of radar because they have a screw in the middle. Those should be good, the getter is silver so they still have a vacuum. The third CRT is a 3BP1 (green phosphor) that has little or no vacuum (grayish-white getter), and the fourth is a dead 3KP4 CRT (white phosphor) that was used in the well-known 1948 Pilot TV-37 televisions. Although the last two CRTs are dead, they can be used for other high voltage experiments with lasers or near TCs to light up the phospor face. $5 for all of the CRTs. SOLD

Box with a 9kV NST and four old Apple computer power supplies (from a IIe maybe?). The 9kV NST has been used in a Tesla coil, and the amount of use it had before then is unknown, but it still works. Some of the Apple PSUs work. $10 OBO

Big variac - I think this one is rated about 15-20 amps, it was pulled out of some kind of regulated high current power supply unit. It has some kind of stepper/servo motor on the top that turns the variac, and the slider has a limited range because of some kind of variable resistor on the opposite side of the slider, which probably was used by the control circuit to control the motor for regulating the voltage output. This part could be removed and the whole range capability of the variac can be used. $15 OBO SOLD

Another variac - probably rated about 5 to 8 amps at most, it is "complete" with a outlet and cord, I built the whole unit in less than a hour for controlling some motors in another project. $10 OBOSOLD

Vintage battery charger - from the 20s-30s. It had a BIG old rectifier tube, but it has no vacuum (all white). The tube is with the box of various stuff mentioned above, but if one wants the tube with this thing then let me know. There is a BIG heavy transformer inside this battery charger, long long before they had the lighter switching power supplies to supply the high currents. Could be rewound for an arc welder or something. FREE for cost of postage.

If you're interested in any of the above items, then please email me at **link**. If there are any questions, then email me.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: