Guests: 396, Members: 0 on 12 Jan : 12:51
Members Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
05/04 Matthew T. (35)
05/04 Amrit Deshmukh (60)
05/05 Alexandre (32)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

Move Thread LAN_403
quicksilver
Thu Dec 09 2010, 10:47PM
quicksilver Registered Member #1408 Joined: Fri Mar 21 2008, 03:49PM
GluD wrote ...

I consider it somewhat the same as when a kewl kid makes a b0mb and someone gets hurt, then the entire community of serious hobby chemists have to pay for it by having their houses ransacked and everyday chemicals are becoming illegal etc. This follows the same principle, some dude gets a "bright" idea and then everybody will have to pay by having their degrees of freedom reduced. Its a setback not then a move forward.

Well you hit a sore spot there as I used to be a hobby rocketry fan. I loved that stuff since I was a child. But in the USA we lost a great deal of hobby chemistry from drug-cooks and actual terrorist actions (in terms of pyrotechnics as entertainment or an "art"). There was a time when older European families made custom fireworks for special events & many of those families have lost the next generation of their craft. There was a time when Asian pyrotechnics were very highly evolved as the only materials available were various papers, black powder, & unique understanding of that craft.
I remember being very careful about fire danger or CATO's even as a 13yr old boy. I remember having a lot of fun with my "Gilbert's Chemistry set"; which today would be banned by the CPSC in a heartbeat. In it's place our children have cell phones to replace physical education & pictures to replace field-trips to geological formations or historical sites.
The abuse of lasers made that a bone of contention. Wait till someone gets shocked by a HV item and suddenly there is a "discussion" on the safety of any high energy hobby!
Ash Small
Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:52AM
Ash Small Registered Member #3414 Joined: Sun Nov 14 2010, 05:05PM
They want to send him to the electric chair for telling the truth......What kind of example is that to set for the younger generation?
Wyatt
Fri Dec 10 2010, 02:07AM
Wyatt Registered Member #3490 Joined: Wed Dec 08 2010, 11:55PM
Ash Small wrote ...

They want to send him to the electric chair for telling the truth......What kind of example is that to set for the younger generation?
Well,as history has shown in most intances,""They"are rarely the ones to rely upon to set the examples.
Adam Munich
Fri Dec 10 2010, 03:32AM
Adam Munich Registered Member #2893 Joined: Tue Jun 01 2010, 09:25PM
I know I said this isn't about freedom of speech but still, Wikileaks is the first form of press with no direct state to govern it. I find it funny and sad that my country, who's number one rule is its own freedom of speech is the main one pissed off about all this. I think Assange probably knows what he is doing and foresaw this happening. If the US gob'ment tries to find some way to charge him with some bullshit accusations there is sure to be an uproar. Wikileaks is how news should be, no truths withheld. Secrets lead to nothing but trouble.

Tesla Fan
Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:31AM
Tesla Fan Registered Member #3353 Joined: Sat Oct 23 2010, 11:21PM
GluD wrote ...

I fail to see the positive thing in mastercard, visa, paypal etc being "taken down", how is that gonna benefit anybody. Its just another criminal offense by the wikileaks organisation.
The positive thing in it is that someone is on the wikileaks side and they are taking some kind of action. "They" might succed and take down wikileaks, but at least some people are "pushing back"! Also these actions are taken by a group of people (they call themselves "Anonymous") who support wikileaks, not by wikileaks. And "just another criminal offense by the wikileaks organisation"? I guess the older "criminal offenses" is uncovering the lies governments tell us, if that is a criminal action for you, what is abusing power and manipulating the public?

GluD wrote ...

He broke the law, got caught, thats how it works
If you are referring to the "sexual accusations", he did not break the law, he is accused of breaking the law. If i accused you of having the body of Jimmy Hoffa buried in your backyard, i bet it would take a lot of time (of you in jail, and being blamed by many) and a pretty messed up garden to prove otherwise. Also don't you think it is a big coincidence that a week after wikileaks started to get attacks from all sides, Julian Assange is being accused of a crime?

As a final note i would like to say that i really have no idea if he is guilty or not, i just really really hope he is not... He could be a "weirdo" like Patrick said, and now is the time for "them" to use that, but come on, what are the chances?
I agree with Ash Small, i think "they" are getting really pissed that he keeps "blowing their whistle" and they are going to nail him to a cross for it.
Coronafix
Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:18PM
Coronafix Registered Member #160 Joined: Mon Feb 13 2006, 02:07AM
Grenadier wrote ...

If the US gob'ment tries to find some way to charge him with some bullshit accusations there is sure to be an uproar.

Like what?, like the UK riots? We are the most apathetic nations in the world, dumbed down by tv and fast food. What is anyone going to do beside click "like " on some random facebook page saying how shit it is that Julian Assange has been jailed.
Any other ideas?
Ash Small
Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:35PM
Plenty of people are doing this, however, I obviously can't condone it as to do so would be in breach of this forum's rules.

Link2
GluD
Fri Dec 10 2010, 02:18PM
GluD Registered Member #1221 Joined: Wed Jan 09 2008, 06:17PM
Telsa Fan, I still dont see why its a good thing just to "push back" simply just to push back. If you dont stand a chance you might as well quit and minimise the damages, unless of course your a fanatic whom just want to maximise the damage, on yourself and others. Is that perhaps the case here?
It seems to me like they just dont like the goverment and then wants to do whatever they can to annoy it no matter the consequences, earlier in this thread or another somebody said something like it was brave of mr Assange to do what he did "knowing the consequences", was it also brave of the resistance groups in world war two to know the consequences (that everybody in their villiage would get slaugthered) and then still just blow up a rail road or shoot a few nazis? I know Im sort of talking in pictures or whatever you wanna call it but I think the same prinicpels apply, someone does something not caring that he might get jailed, but he dont think or care about the innocent people who didnt choose this. The results of this are gonna affect all of our lives, having our freedom reduced, and you think the guy (mr assange) responsipel is a hero? Think back at this moment when sometime in the near future you have your internet censored, think back and say out loud; thank you mr Assange.

I've said that serval times and used serval exampels you still refuse to take note of it. I wonder why.

"I guess the older "criminal offenses" is uncovering the lies governments tell us, if that is a criminal action for you, what is abusing power and manipulating the public?"

You dont realize its illegal to steal classified documents and that it is also illegal to publish them for everyone to see? It simply doesnt matter what is on the paper its still ilegal.
Its not a criminal action "for me" its simply a criminal action, that is the law. I think your feelings are controling you Telsa Fan, "uncovering lies" is not ilegal, stealing documents to do it is, you only see the parts you want to see. Wake up thank you.

There isnt "special rules" for revolutionaries. He have to follow the law as the rest of us or take the conqeseunces, which in this case as I have allready stated serval times, gonna be rather unpleasant for all of us. I just dont think its been worth it. He sacfricied a bit of the general publics freedom to gain fame and publish in my opnion worthless documents, we cant possiably know if they have edited them or simply just made things up or left things out to give us a false picture, everyone have an agenda. Its also not like much of the stuff is actaully new, surely we knew the goverments were lying berfore this, or maybe you did not?

Abusing power and manipulating the public is also illegal (obivously..) exactly because those people are so powerfull we cant really do anything about it. Those documents aint gonna do the least bit for us. Maybe you're cheering over in greece, but I dont think you've understood what the consquences is likely going to be.

About the swedish girls, some time ago here in Denmark 3 immigrants from the middleeast were acused by this danish girl of having raped her. The 3 guys got jailed for it but now they have been realsed and each revicied 400.000 danish kroner, which is seriously alot of money. One of the guys friends or something ( i dont remeber the details) sectrectly vidoe taped the girl while she said it was all lies. I think its fairly common that the court takes the "womens side" in these matters wheter we like it or not. Obivously theres more to it in this particular case of mr Assange.
Adam Munich
Fri Dec 10 2010, 02:39PM
Adam Munich Registered Member #2893 Joined: Tue Jun 01 2010, 09:25PM
Coronafix wrote ...

Like what?, like the UK riots? We are the most apathetic nations in the world, dumbed down by tv and fast food. What is anyone going to do beside click "like " on some random facebook page saying how shit it is that Julian Assange has been jailed.

Sadly you're right. People are too damn stupid and lazy now. By stupid I mean stupid. If you buy chemichals you're automatically a meth manufacturer. If you buy somthing like potassium perchlorate you're automatically a terrorist making b0mbs. If you have mercury, "oh noes this man's gonna poison us all." Lasers get you raped by the cops, even if you're doing nothing malicious with them. And when it comes to electronics it's durr wutsa resistor. Even the manager of my local radioshack has no clue how a radio works.

This generation is doing nothing but playing vid'jeo games, going on the internet etc. Most peopl are stupid, and out of all the kids in my school, 1,500 to be exact, only two actually display an interest in how things work. Me and some other kid who talks a lot. I fear that in the future there will be a massive shortage of techs. There will also be a massiive shortage of chemists, mainly because chemichals are so hard to get. No chems = no chemists. Japan has the right idea; you can buy bottled hydrogen in the grocery stores there. The USA, UK, and all like countries have no hope of becoming superpowers again in the future if they keep passing laws that restrict dangerous hobbies. Unrestrict chemichals. Let the methmakers make meth, their only harming themselves and people stupid enough to do meth. With unresticted chems you have more chemists.

I fear that that won't happen though, and the hobbies will go one by one. Goodbye lasers, Goodbye pyros, Then goodbye HV. Hello mr chinaman boss. This deserves a thread it's own, I'll make that later.

@glud I'll read your text later. I gtg.
Ash Small
Fri Dec 10 2010, 02:59PM
GluD, What about 'freedom of information?' Surely we have a right to know what our governments are up to, supposedly on our behalf?

Apparently one of the girls, who invited him to stay in her house for several days, had sex with him on numerous occasions, and then went to the police a week later has connections with the CIA. (Check the links earlier in this thread).

If we allow it to happen without protesting, eventually they will close down the internet and lock up everyone who dares to question their motives.

History tells us that appeasment doesn't work.

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: