Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
Nicko (56)

Next birthdays
04/20 gentoo_daemon (42)
04/21 kilovolt (49)
04/21 wannabegeekTC (49)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

EU migratory junkbox

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
Dalus
Sun Jun 07 2009, 12:26PM Print
Dalus Registered Member #639 Joined: Wed Apr 11 2007, 09:09PM
The EU migratory junkbox is a fact and under way from to me. We didn't want to wait for the USA box so we'll start our own one.

You might want to read this when your not familiar with the concept Link2

In short it's a traveling junkbox so you can give away stuff that you don't need and take what you need from the box.

Anyone from the EU can participate. Just send me a PM with your address and name. A 4HV member is allowed to invite a non 4hv member to participate. Though if the box gets lost you need to replace it so please only sent it to people you fully trust. Don't forget to make clear that the people that get invited need to register and post in the tracking thread too.

However there are some rules:

1) The box will have a 10 kg weight limit in order to keep the shipping costs down. Also be sure that you can afford to ship the box to the next person. Shipping costs vary a lot true the whole EU so be prepared to spend some money on this.

2) Nothing hazardous that could be a problem. Please use common sense and judge for yourself what might form a problem.

3) Take and add what you want, but try to add something of equivalent or greater value compared to what you took.

4) Whoever gets the box must sign the log book, take the junk they want, add the junk they don't, update the inventory, mail the box to the next person, and make a post in the tracking thread about it.

5) The box should be passed on as soon as possible. Please don't sit on it for a week before sending it to the next person. A maximum of 3 days is ok.

6) I will accept the names of everyone who wants to participate, and send each person a private message with the address of the person who is next in line to receive the box. That way we don't need to worry about keeping information in the box updated if anyone changes their mind. Check your private messages before sending the box along, just in case anything has changed.

7) If the box is in bad shape, please replace it. We don't want to have it fall apart in transit.

This thread is here to discuss the everything. If there's anything you'd like to know or want to discuss the rules here's the place.

I'll start a new thread for the tracking of the box when some members want to participate.

Participants so far:

Conundrum (obviously)
Dalus
Kizmo
Finn Hammer
brtaman
Erlend^SE
MadsKaizer
WaveRid er
Anders M.
Nicko
Sprite_tm (introduced by Dalus)
SA007 (introduced by Dalus)
KingOfDos (introduced by Dalus)
Kizmo
Sun Jun 07 2009, 12:38PM
Kizmo Registered Member #599 Joined: Thu Mar 22 2007, 07:40PM
PM sent
Conundrum
Sun Jun 07 2009, 02:12PM
Conundrum Registered Member #96 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 05:37PM
EDIT:- there aren't any batteries in there. If anyone does need some please PM me and I will see what I can do as there are a number of small Lipo cells here too as well as coin NiMH etc.

-A

Dalus
Sun Jun 07 2009, 02:15PM
Well this will depend on what all the postal companies allow and what not. My guess is better not do this since I fear they all need to be taken out of the box at some point since they are not allowed in some countries to be sent via mail.

I'd say no, just in case.
Conundrum
Sun Jun 07 2009, 02:22PM
ok
will send tomorrow, just going through my "collection of random bits" to send..

-A
Dalus
Sun Jun 07 2009, 02:31PM
Great I also have a lot of parts to unload wink
Conundrum
Sun Jun 07 2009, 08:32PM
EDIT:- Box "Photonique" is on its way :)

I had an issue with shipping, seems that the 120 grams over 2kg added £7 to the shipping cost (!!!!) so i have removed the heavy parts such as that capacitor, amended the log book and sent them separately in a jiffy bag.

if the jiffy bag arrives around the same time as the box, feel free to include these parts if you don't need them.

here's the current contents including the jiffy bag...

also took a few pictures :)
-A
1244406773 96 FT70908 Junkbox

1244406773 96 FT70908 P6071347

1244406773 96 FT70908 P6071349

1244406773 96 FT70908 P6071350

1244406773 96 FT70908 P6071351
Dalus
Mon Jun 08 2009, 11:48AM
Updated the main post with the participants so far. Should be fun to see how this works out with all the extra people getting introduced by 4hv members :) But remember they need to stick to the rules and post here too.
brtaman
Sun Jun 21 2009, 01:25PM
brtaman Registered Member #2161 Joined: Fri Jun 05 2009, 03:36PM
I would like to participate if it is possible? I have close to a hundred 4kv (0.0068-0.01 uF) PETP caps coming my way most of which I will not be needing...would this interest anyone? I bought them for a TC only to find out that they are useless...they will work great in a CW though. I think I can find more stuff though if the caps are useless to everyone
Dalus
Sun Jun 21 2009, 07:12PM
You can join if you live in the EU. Just send me a PM and I'll make sure you'll receive the box too.

btw I received the box though haven't had time to add any stuff or take anything out. Failed my final exams but still have a chance to make it with a re-exam on Wednesday so all my time is being put into that last important exam.

I'll make a new tracking thread when I have time and taken pics of the box.
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: