Members Birthdays:
One birthday today, congrats!
GrantX (34)

Next birthdays
03/30 Adam Horden (39)
03/30 Mr.Warwickshire (23)
03/31 Swedish Coiler (41)
Contact
If you need assistance, please send an email to forum at 4hv dot org. To ensure your email is not marked as spam, please include the phrase "4hv help" in the subject line. You can also find assistance via IRC, at irc.shadowworld.net, room #hvcomm.
Support 4hv.org!
Donate:
4hv.org is hosted on a dedicated server. Unfortunately, this server costs and we rely on the help of site members to keep 4hv.org running. Please consider donating. We will place your name on the thanks list and you'll be helping to keep 4hv.org alive and free for everyone. Members whose names appear in red bold have donated recently. Green bold denotes those who have recently donated to keep the server carbon neutral.

Special Thanks To:
  • Aaron Holmes
  • Aaron Wheeler
  • Adam Horden
  • Alan Scrimgeour
  • Andre
  • Andrew Haynes
  • Anonymous000
  • asabase
  • Austin Weil
  • barney
  • Barry
  • Bert Hickman
  • Bill Kukowski
  • Blitzorn
  • Brandon Paradelas
  • Bruce Bowling
  • BubeeMike
  • Byong Park
  • Cesiumsponge
  • Chris F.
  • Chris Hooper
  • Corey Worthington
  • Derek Woodroffe
  • Dalus
  • Dan Strother
  • Daniel Davis
  • Daniel Uhrenholt
  • datasheetarchive
  • Dave Billington
  • Dave Marshall
  • David F.
  • Dennis Rogers
  • drelectrix
  • Dr. John Gudenas
  • Dr. Spark
  • E.TexasTesla
  • eastvoltresearch
  • Eirik Taylor
  • Erik Dyakov
  • Erlend^SE
  • Finn Hammer
  • Firebug24k
  • GalliumMan
  • Gary Peterson
  • George Slade
  • GhostNull
  • Gordon Mcknight
  • Graham Armitage
  • Grant
  • GreySoul
  • Henry H
  • IamSmooth
  • In memory of Leo Powning
  • Jacob Cash
  • James Howells
  • James Pawson
  • Jeff Greenfield
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Jesse Frost
  • Jim Mitchell
  • jlr134
  • Joe Mastroianni
  • John Forcina
  • John Oberg
  • John Willcutt
  • Jon Newcomb
  • klugesmith
  • Leslie Wright
  • Lutz Hoffman
  • Mads Barnkob
  • Martin King
  • Mats Karlsson
  • Matt Gibson
  • Matthew Guidry
  • mbd
  • Michael D'Angelo
  • Mikkel
  • mileswaldron
  • mister_rf
  • Neil Foster
  • Nick de Smith
  • Nick Soroka
  • nicklenorp
  • Nik
  • Norman Stanley
  • Patrick Coleman
  • Paul Brodie
  • Paul Jordan
  • Paul Montgomery
  • Ped
  • Peter Krogen
  • Peter Terren
  • PhilGood
  • Richard Feldman
  • Robert Bush
  • Royce Bailey
  • Scott Fusare
  • Scott Newman
  • smiffy
  • Stella
  • Steven Busic
  • Steve Conner
  • Steve Jones
  • Steve Ward
  • Sulaiman
  • Thomas Coyle
  • Thomas A. Wallace
  • Thomas W
  • Timo
  • Torch
  • Ulf Jonsson
  • vasil
  • Vaxian
  • vladi mazzilli
  • wastehl
  • Weston
  • William Kim
  • William N.
  • William Stehl
  • Wesley Venis
The aforementioned have contributed financially to the continuing triumph of 4hv.org. They are deserving of my most heartfelt thanks.
Forums
4hv.org :: Forums :: General Chatting
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Europe

1 2 3 4  last
Move Thread LAN_403
Ash Small
Thu Jun 23 2016, 12:28AM Print
Ash Small Registered Member #3414 Joined: Sun Nov 14 2010, 05:05PM
I hope everyone in Europe understands why I'm posting this tonight.

Link2

Roger Waters and friends in Berlin when the wall came down, 1990.

For those of you who ask why we need the EU.

(Mods sorry if I've broken tjhe rules wink )

and Cindy Lauper....When the wall came down......

Link2
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Thu Jun 23 2016, 02:03AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
Saw Roger when he came to LA, it was amazing, no encore, but it was amazing.

Not sure what the EU reference is about? Oppression is not a unique situation, it happens to all of us in many forms of control in everyday life, and it's getting to be more pervasive every day, as we are more divided and labeled into groups, if that's what the reference is about.
paris
Thu Jun 23 2016, 03:53AM
paris Registered Member #3042 Joined: Wed Jul 28 2010, 12:36AM

ha , today I recieved thru the post , Roger Waters , In the Flesh live , cd dvd set

we are all consumers within different boundaries / economic zones .
force is used over people because its like herding cats if you let human beings live free and there is no economy that can function that way , therefore , force will be used continuously .
once humans go ferral theres no reverse button ,why would free people want to restore the society structure

Romans built Hadrians wall to keep barbarians out , it was christianity that broke the scots ... oh crikey

I dont think anyone is going to bring down the Israeli wall , will we see a concert / movement to "bring down the wall" , musicians have contracts to jewish record labels....... we will see
Mads Barnkob
Thu Jun 23 2016, 05:42AM
Mads Barnkob Registered Member #1403 Joined: Tue Mar 18 2008, 06:05PM
Ash, just do not double post, there is no simpler rule than that.
Patrick
Thu Jun 23 2016, 07:19PM
Patrick Registered Member #2431 Joined: Tue Oct 13 2009, 09:47PM
I think the appalling Greek economy will bleed your British veins dry. You better jump out of the EU while you can.
Shrad
Fri Jun 24 2016, 08:11AM
Shrad Registered Member #3215 Joined: Sun Sept 19 2010, 08:42PM
that's not about Greece you know... all that EU administration is nothing but corruption, lobby interests and money-money deals, and all ideals are chained in a cave for a ling time... sad but true, and it will not go better... I work for a related agency and can attest that nothing is done to make it truly better, only to make it look better while the parliament is filled with compromised interests...
Dr. Slack
Fri Jun 24 2016, 08:42AM
Dr. Slack Registered Member #72 Joined: Thu Feb 09 2006, 08:29AM
Whoops! That's what happens when you upset the proletariat and then create a protest vote over something important. It's on a scale of getting a divorce because your wife leaves the lid of the tube of toothpaste. Interesting times.

It was Churchill who said, shortly after winning WW2 'if we are to forge the United States of Europe, we must start now'.

I invite a comment from US historians. At some point after the founding 13 states created the proto US, the other states joined a few at a time, rather like Romania joining the EU recently and the debate about whether Turkey should join in the future. Did that go smoothly (I would imagine not!) ? Is it only because it happened 200 years ago and has shaken down since that political union with a common currency and local taxes works in the US?
Uspring
Fri Jun 24 2016, 03:02PM
Uspring Registered Member #3988 Joined: Thu Jul 07 2011, 03:25PM
Patrick wrote:
I think the appalling Greek economy will bleed your British veins dry. You better jump out of the EU while you can.
Yes, it's costly. The EU has developed from a free trade union to a social union, where the better faring economies support the less developed ones. It's goals are ambitious: to stabilise young democracies by promoting their economies and exporting generally accepted rules of conduct. Payback is long term, stable trade relations and markets. That is a painfully slow process. In Germany, e.g., the former GDR has received hundreds of billions aid for now over a quarter of a century. They haven't caught up fully yet. The US have failed pretty much in Afghanistan (edit: meant Iraque). Wrt to the UK I can well understand impatience with this and also reluctance to believe that it will work at all.

If you prefer looking at the bottom line each quarter you might want to bail out.
Bored Chemist
Sat Jun 25 2016, 09:18PM
Bored Chemist Registered Member #193 Joined: Fri Feb 17 2006, 07:04AM
Patrick wrote ...

The Greek economy is too small to make a vast difference to the EU or UK.
Hazmatt_(The Underdog)
Sun Jun 26 2016, 06:22AM
Hazmatt_(The Underdog) Registered Member #135 Joined: Sat Feb 11 2006, 12:06AM
We were hearing "the sky is falling" constantly for months over here about the Greek economy and Merkel this and that... etc. So we really do not have an objective "gauge" of the situation over here, provided the economy had no impact on the EU, we have limited truthful information.
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): Chris Russell, Noelle, Alex, Tesladownunder, Dave Marshall, Dave Billington, Bjørn, Steve Conner, Wolfram, Kizmo, Mads Barnkob

Go to: